Friday, 24 June 2011

Case Study #45

The first time I saw this card from Jilll Foster who is also the June Muse over at Case Study, I got excited because I have the same stamp as hers and told myself that I'm going to try to CASE her card. 


This is a one-layer card and decided to use the base as white and distressed the moon in mustard followed by worn lipstick and dusty concord for the middle strip.  I've intentionally left a tiny part of the moon to be above the strip to give a different look and the flower is from PB Flower amongst Flowers. 

This card also enters into the following challenge : Penny Black at Allsorts


14 comments:

Lisa said...

beautiful take on Jill's card! The pink/purple strip looks great :)

Brenda said...

Love that PB stamp too! Great going on casing Jills' card!

susanne said...

This is beautiful Lai-Yoke,the colours are so sensitive! I just love it!! So sorry you're having difficulty leaving comments on my blog, I'm wondering if anyone else is too. I don't think there's anything I can do ... I'm hoping it will clear itself up! I'm still loving creations! Have a great weekend Lai-Yoke! :)

Jill said...

Oh my! I just love the way you've added the strip of distressing behind the stamp! AWESOME design! HUGS!

louise said...

Beautiful card thankyou for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts.
Louise xx

brenda said...

Rwo super cards, both with such impact and beautiful colour blending.

Thank you so much for joining in at Penny Black at Allsorts this month, good luck and look forward to seeing you again.

B x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card and I love the soft colors, and how nice that you have the same image, pretty cool!

onecraftymama said...

Oh, I love the black silhouette against the lovely distress layer - the moon rising...I love it :)

Violets Corner said...

Beautiful work Lai-Yoke, love the strip you made, it makes it very interesting.

Many thanks for sharing at Penny Black at Allsorts.

Hugs
Maarit

Nida Razali said...

beautiful card Lai Yoke!!

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black @ Allsorts challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

lostinpaper said...

Fabulous CAS design, Love your take on the inpsiration!

Mervi said...

Hi, the stamp is so gorgeous, love the card!

Thanks for sharing this with us at
Penny Black @ Allsorts, good luck, welcome again;-))m

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WOW! I love your layout! I'm totally putting it in my "to try myself" gallery :)