Sunday, 4 March 2012

Hot Air Balloons - HA March Challenge

My first card of this month's challenge at Hero Arts and I choose for the color challenge. 

Using the HA Past Times stamp, I stamped 30 times onto 5 different colour stocks - front and back.  You will see why you need to stamp front and back at a later stage.  Once you cut all 15 ballooons now you stamped the back part of the balloons.  Score the centre part and machine stitched the middle.  Fold all onto half and now you will see why you need to stamp the front and back of the cardstocks.

As for the background, I wanted it to be a map but do not have one so I decided to make a copy of the map from the stamp set from HA Past Times' backing sheet and wa-la I got the background sheet!  Distressed the map in broken china and faded jeans lightly.  I used the sentiment from HA Everyday Saying.

This card also enters into the following challenge : CASE Study

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!






18 comments:

joy said...

Absolutely genius, Lai-Yoke!! This is a hands-down winner in my book!!!! Love those 3-D balloons and the copied map - you are one clever gal!

Cat's sCrap said...

Wouaw ! I am impressed ! Your card and your balloons are fabulous ! Very original realization ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Lin said...

WOW, such a special card, Lai Yoke!! All that stamping and cutting are well worth the results!

Pam W Merwin said...

Amazing - such great dimension with the balloons!

Annette said...

wow these balloons are so awesome...I love how you made them dimensional. they look fabulous...fun card.

Sue said...

This is a wonderful innovative card Lai-Yoke.
Smiles:)

Greta said...

Oh my goodness! Incredibly designed & executed, Lai-Yoke! I could just stare at this card for hours!

Aimes said...

Wowzers! Love the dimension of those balloons!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week! :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Aimes said...

Wowzers! Love the dimension of those balloons!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week! :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Teresa Kline said...

wow, these are amazing, so clever...hope you have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Trinh said...

This is wonderful, Lai-Yoke! I love the dimension & the muted colors. And so smart of you to copy the map from the packaging.

onecraftymama said...

What a clever idea for the map! And I love the super dimension of the balloons, and the sentiment flag coming off the edge just that teeny bit...fab card!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Brilliant! Your card is beautiful!

Brenda said...

Love, love, love all the dimension! Beautiful Lai-Yoke!

joy said...

Me again, to let you know I have given you the Liebster Award on my blog. Check it out. No worries if you don't participate in blog awards - just wanted to give you a shout out.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wow, those 3D balloons are magnificent!

Debby said...

Totally wonderful and I love how you layered and stitched the balloons! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Suzanne Russell said...

Fabulous card! The three dimensional balloons are just amazing! Especially mounted on the map paper.