Monday, 17 January 2011

Kuih Bangkit

Since Chinese New Year is coming up soon which is on 3 February 2011, I thought I should start preparing some cookies for this occasion.  Besides, Marcel is travelling again for this whole week and with this rainy, dark weather, I might as well spend some time baking.

I know this is not a typical chinese cookies but it's origin is from Malaysia/ Singapore.

The basic ingredients are : tapioca flour, egg yolks, coconut milk, sugar and a spoonful of oil.

The dough 

using a cookie cutter to cut out the dough

getting ready to go into the oven of 170 degrees celcius for 20 minutes 

ready to be attacked

Verdict : Hmm, it melts in the mouth!!!!  As I've not been baking this cookie for 3 years, I'm pleased with the result of it.  Next time, I will minus the quantity of sugar (never never follow the recipe from the book - haven't I learn my lesson yet!)

4 comments:

Heather Maria said...

Yummy!!These look and sound delicious, Lai-Yoke!

Nancy said...

These sure do look GOOD!

Miss V said...

hey, not a bad idea at all in the cookies' shape, we normally use the traditional mole that looks like a piece of wooden block with animals/leaves pattern in it and it's so hard to do. Should tell my brother about this. :-)

Monika Reeck said...

mau mau mau kue nya terlihat enaaak sekali yaa...can I have one or 2 pleaseee...hehe...see my blog too dear...hugs