Thursday, 17 March 2011

Sunflowers - Tri fold cards

I have not been up to myself lately and this is rather uncommon that my first post of the week is in the midweek!

This week, I made my first card with two folds and using the image from PB, Flower Gallery.  I masked the sunflowers several times on the cover of the card and cut the shape of the flowers along the edge.  I did the same to the opposite side of the card as well but with lesser image and did the same cutting as well. 

The message part is also stamped with the same image but on a white cardstock and lightly distress in green as well.  Put some silver embellishments randomly on the sunflowers which I hope this is also considered as sparkle which is required for this week's challenge. Lastly, I made a "belt" for the card by cutting a 3cm strip from the white cardstock and punched it using the scallop punch from Stampin Up.  Another strip of about 2cm is from the green stock which I run it thru the cuttlebug.  This card also comes with a matching envelope!


Card when opens


18 comments:

Lin said...

What a beautiful design and presentation, Lai Yoke! Hope that you will get to feeling better soon......

Barb said...

Lai-Yoke, this is one of the prettiest cards I've seen you make! Love the angled edge and gorgeous colors! The sparkle adds such a lovely touch! I sure hope you're feeling better soon!

Heather Maria said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, Lai-Yoke:) Your card is gorgeous! Wonderful design and sparkle! I love the way you have masked and cut around the flowers! The matching envelope is so pretty!

Miss V said...

wow.... awesome!

Brenda said...

Such a beautiful card Lai-Yoke! I love that green and the beautiful flowers cut on the edge! Stunning envelope!

Becky said...

This is fabulous! Lovely design. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Céline said...

so stunning card, love how you cut around the sunflowers.
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline

joey said...

Hi

Beautiful card and gorgeous style, thanks for joining us at PBSC

Joey x

phatelara said...

Hi! I clicked on your blog link from Creative Card Crew Challenge. Your card is very elegant. Love that you made the slide holder for it too. :)

Debbie @ Phatelara

Dana said...

How what a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along in the YNS challenge.

Karli said...

So striking! Beautiful cut-out detail. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew with your green creation. Hope you'll join us again! Hugs~

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Lai-Yoke this is pretty! Love how you fussy cut part of the top. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Play. :)

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the cut-out top and the perfect touch of bling and embossing! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Ren-Yi said...

This is absolutely stunning. Great embossing! Congrats on your Top 3 at PaperPlay challenges. Hope to see you around this week.

Karen Howard said...

This is really stunning! I LOVE all the beautiful details. Hugs, Karen

karen said...

A fabulous card, beautiful! thanks for joining us at Incy wincy, Karenx

Melanie C said...

Very pretty - I love the colors. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.