Monday, 24 January 2011

Valentine Pink/ Green Starbust lace

 Another weekend has passed and we are coming towards the end of last week of January!  I've finished all my cards for the St. Jude's hospital and now I've more time to concentrate on the Valentine's cards.

Weather has been gray, gloomy with lots of light rains!  Temperature is still hanging on between 3-6 degrees celcius.



This week's Inkspirations Challenges is using these colours which I love as it gives a soft "appeal"!  Here is what I came-up with this week for this challenge. Ta na!

Using the stamp from HA Starbust lace I used the colours bamboo leaves and light pink on a white cardstock. On a different piece of white cardstock, I stamped the image twice with light pink and cut out the 2 inner circles giving a gap of about 0.5cm.  The smallest circle is highlighted with glossy accents which I can't capture so well with my camera!

The edges are lightly distressed with the same colours which I used for the images.   The sentiment is stamped double with timber brown and light pink. 


6 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Such a pretty card tfs!!!

Clare said...

OOoo, this is so pretty! I love all the doilies!

Marisa said...

Great use of the medallion and this week's colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

Lee-Anne said...

Ooh, I love how you've used the starburst lace stamp. Great way to create a beautiful background. Love the double stamping of the sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with the Inkspirations challenge this week.

Cindy Major said...

Love the lacy circles - very elegant!

H2 :) said...

Very pretty Lai-Yoke. I love the glossy, popped up, central element in the medallion. :)