Sunday, 20 March 2011

Tea card holder

Made this tea holder card for a danish dear friend of mine whom I met in Helsinki, Finland during our foreign assignment back in 1995.  Both of us love coffee latte which explains why the front cover of the holder has the image of coffee! I put a tea bag because she also likes tea.

This card measures 10cm X 10cm.  I've used a mini cupcake stamp to make the background stamping for the inside and outside of the holder.  I've put glossy accent on the pot and cup just to give a little highlight!  The sentiment, pot and coffee cup stamps are from Hero Arts.

The inner card which I cut into the shape of a tag is glued onto a yellow cardstock.  The stamped image of the HA Starbust is cut into a smaller circle to fit the tag.  I've also made a matching envelope with this card which I seem to be enjoying making lately!

This card enters into the following challenge : Inkspirations Challenges



12 comments:

Nancy said...

Such a creative design and lovely gift, Lai-Yoke!

Barb said...

Lai-Yoke, this is so adorable! What a lovely gift idea! The colors are wonderful and I love the glossy accents!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Love how the Twinings tea bag coordinates with the color challenge. Cute idea!

Miss V said...

very creative and pretty!! it makes the recipient of this card special..... :-)

H2 :) said...

Adorable creation Lai-Yoke! Love that shiny coffee pot & the pretty inner tag. The matching envie looks great too! :)

Nancie Quah said...

Lovely gift idea.

Marisa said...

This is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

Kim said...

Great gift idea. The tea holder is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Brenda said...

Brilliant idea and I just love the happy cup and the pot!

Davi said...

Love your tea holder!! Thanks for sharing it with us at TT this week. :)

Dana said...

Love your tea holder. Thanks for playing along in the YNS challenge.

randi said...

Wauuwww Lai Yoke, now I get really touched <3 Did you really make/design this card for me???
Thank you soooo veeerrryyy much <3 What can I say?? You are a PRO!! This really made me feel special.

BIG HUGS

Randi