Tuesday, 26 April 2011

HA Easter/ Spring Card Exchange

This is my second posting of the day, please scroll down for the first posting if you are curious!



This month's theme at HA Exchange is to create either Easter or Spring Card.  This is my second time participating such exchange and so coincident that for both times, I will be sending a card to Canada but not only that I will be receiving a card from the same person again as the last exchange from The Netherlands!  How cool is that! 

This time I will sending a card to Amie Majelle.  I thought that since it's spring time over here and we are famous for it's tulips, I made a her a tulip card.  All tulips are white heat embossed on a different coloured papers.  As for the backgrouond, I clear embossed it with the music background on the kraft paper and distressed the edges with white ink color.  The basket and the sentiment are from Sunny Smiles but I cut out the last part of the sentiment to replace it with "hello"  from the Everyday Saying.  Lastly, I added the pearl accent on the handle of the basket for that little touch!

Here is the beautiful card which I received from Karin


4 comments:

Barb said...

Love Karin's card with that big, beautiful egg! And the one you sent to Amie is totally stunning, Lai-Yoke! Love your amazing basket of tulips and the pretty colors!

susanne said...

Your card is truly beautiful Lai-Yoke. I love your basket of tulips ... love the way you embossed on different coloured paper! This is a gorgeous card that you received from Karin too, such a beautifully collage Easter egg ... so lovely!

joy said...

Gorgeous cards, Lai-Yoke! Your tulips are so pretty and I like the way you altered the greeting for this swap! The card you received is also lovely.

Brenda said...

I love the beautiful card you made Lai-Yoke and how you changed the sentiment, awesome! Gorgeous tulips embossed in white like that!