Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Luxembourg

We made a trip to Luxembourg during the Easter weekend and I must apologised for this late posting.  Somehow, I couldn't find the time to do it and when I did, it took too long to download the pictures and somehow it got stopped halfway and I gave up!! 

We spent three nights in Luxembourg and we were very fortunate with the fantastic weather too.  Although Luxembourg is a small country, it's surronded by three neighbouring countries namely Germany, Belgium and France.  They have their own dialect and french is spoken widely.


City of Luxembourg



 


Overlooking Germany

The camping site is in Germany and we are at Echternach, Luxembourg

Deeping our feet in the cold water


Chateau Vianden constructed between 11th and 14th centuries

 Shot taken from the Chateau Vianden

Chapel in Chateau Vianden

5 comments:

Barb said...

Wonderful photos, Lai-Yoke! So nice to see you and your beautiful family! Looks like you had a lovely time! TFS!

Lin said...

THANK YOU, Lai-Yoke, for these wonderful pictures!! We lived in Luxembourg for a year in 1979, in Reckange, near Mersch. I have not been back there since, and so this is the next best thing. So glad to see that it's still as green as I remember. You've made my day!

Anna Seniw said...

Beautiful photos, Lai-Yoke! Thanks for sharing!

Brenda said...

Thank you for sharing these awesome pictures! I left such a detailed comment here the other day, but blogger just would not work! These are such beautiful memories Lai-Yoke!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed these pictures so much Lai-Yoke! lavender&roses-Susanne