Thursday, 2 June 2011

Lily Pads & Embellish Magazine

Over at Lily Pads this week, there is a digital challenge sponsored by Hero Arts. The challenge. Make a NEW card using at least one of the prints, you can download the prints here.  

I combined this challenge with Embellish Magazine with this week theme Text Color Trends ChallengeWee Memories and Lexi's Creations

This time I chose the camera and came up with a masculine card.  The background is heat embossed with silver and white after stamping with HA Manuscript Background.  I cut the image camera twice in grey and black and created the lense with an acetate which is also stamped with Manuscript Background with white Staz On.  To create the brand, I've decided to put "Hero Arts" on the camera since it's sponsored by Hero Arts.


15 comments:

Lisa said...

This is awesome!! LOVE how you have created the camera "lens" and the two colors embossed in the bg (at first sight I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me- hehe)

Vicky said...

I love the embossed letters and what you did with the camera. So happy to see my designs come to live! Thanks for playing with us at lily pad cards!

Rosemary said...

awesome card, lai-yoke! love that camera

Monika Reeck said...

great interpretation from embellish magazine chalenge Lai Yoke...hope you win there...and great dads card...love this....hey I just have time to fill in my Blog again would you mind to see it :) many thanks dear...and keep in contact per mail please....miss you...hugs

Sue said...

Hello Lai-Yoke.
What a wonderful way you have done the text on this card; half embossed it looks so effective.
Smiles:)

Meg said...

Fun card! I like the use of two different embossing colors; I will have to try that soon!

Sarah Martina said...

What a fun card! I love the silver embossed text background! :) So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends Challenge! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

That lens you added to the camera is great Lai-Yoke.

Alice Wertz said...

this is so cool and beautiful! love the simple design, too! super card!

Heather Maria said...

What a great masculine card, Lai-Yoke! Great background and I love the way you made the camera with the acetate lense!

susanne said...

Hi Lai-Yoke! This is a great card!! I love your embossing and the silver colouring that you've used. I love your camera too!

Mary C. Nasser said...

LOVE this card!

So glad I found you through the “All Kinds of Artists” Artist blog hop!
I am your newest blog follower. :)
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

Brenda said...

Fantastically clever Lai-Yoke! Love the lens! Great design too!

Cristina said...

Eeek! Look at that camera! Too cute. Thanks for joining us at Embellish!

Laurel said...

I love what you have done!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.