Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Kathy's Technique

Just learned a new technique from the talented Kathy from Daily Maker.  I always call her the Queen of Copics!  (hope this is alright with you, Kathy?)

As it involves embossing which is one of my favourite, I had to give it a try. I used the HA Holiday Trees which was coloured with two different colours on one card and spritz with water.  Somehow, I am not associated with this water spritz technique so much so that I had to do so many times to get to what I wanted-purr!

Once stamped on a piece of watercolour cardstock, I let it dry and heat embossed with clear powder and applied stickles randomly over the tree.  I definitely love the effect of this technique as it brings out the colours of the trees.

My intention was to make a one layer card but it obviously did not come out well so I decided to take one of the sketch from Hero Arts.  The ribbon on the blue card was stamped with HA Greatest Gift which I carefully cut the sentiment which I wanted or rather to fit into the size of the ribbon!

I am also entering these cards into the following challenge : Tuesday Trigger, Incy Wincy Designs, Create, CAS-ual Fridays

Below are more close-up photos.






It has been very unusual to have such a lovely weather over here in the month of November until yesterday.  We were hit with hails and storm today.  The wind knot today was predicted to be 8-9 and I can hear all the wind growling at this very moment and the garden chair flew into the pond!!

Have a nice day!

17 comments:

Annette said...

wow I love these colors you are using...they are so so pretty..I really love all the glitter and texture you put on these trees...BEAUTIFUL CARDS..

Lin said...

Really beautiful, Lai-Yoke - love your color choices, the stamping on ribbon, and those darling litle bells/ornaments!

Cindy C. said...

Hi Lai-Yoke: these cards are so beautiful! I love the glittery Christmas trees and the shiny bells! Great take of the TT image.

Barb said...

I didn't realize when I saw this over in the Flickr group, that you had used Kathy's fun technique. They turned out so beautifully, Lai-Yoke! Well done! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous Lai-Yoke!

Diane Hodrick said...

these are really beautiful. wow!

cheiron said...

This is a gorgeous technique! I really like the effect that you got here. So pretty and sparkly!

Cath said...

Hey Lai-Yoke1 Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Sue said...

Lovely cards Lai-Yoke, you have mastered the technique wonderfully and I love how you have set the cards.
Smiles:)

Brenda said...

Great design Lai-Yoke! Love the colours and the technique! Your cards have such depth! And I really love your little bells!

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness Lai-Yoke what mesmerizing trees!! I think you took my technique to the next level. I also love your color choices. Would never have thought to use grey with blue...LOVE IT!! The trees have so much depth and interest and your snow really looks beautiful. Nice photography too...not so easy to show the glitter. Thanks for taking the time to send me your link. The fllickr one didn't work but, I found you here. Thanks for making my day. Hugs, Kathy

Kathy said...

P.S. I am honored for you to call me the Queen of Copics!!!

Tina said...

Wow, those trees look pretty awesome! :)

onecraftymama said...

I love all the sparkle of these cards, Lai-Yoke - the trees are sooo pretty all glittered up :)

Lisa (lisascraps) said...

I just came over via a link from Kathy's blog & I wanted to say you have so many lovely card designs here on your blog.
Cheers!

Emily Leiphart said...

OMG, those trees are absolutely stunning! Wow, I wish I could do this. LOL

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura