Saturday, 14 January 2012

Ellen Hutson LLC Hero Arts Take 'n Make

I want to thank everyone for their well wishes in the previous postings.  I am feeling a little better today although still get tired easily but I still can't resist making cards as there are so many wonderful challenges out there!  Here is my first valentine card of the year. 

The background is stamped using HA Good Thoughts on kraft paper and coloured in copics.  The front pocket is from HA Designer Woodgrain which is stamped in timber brown and the sentiment is from HA Whoo Loves You.  I stamped the heart shapes in several colours from HA Studio Calico.

I am combining this challenge with this month's Hero Arts and Ellen Hutson LLC Hero Arts Clear and Wood Take 'n Make





The card by itself without all the background stamps

9 comments:

Miss V said...

this is so pretty!

Annette said...

aww I so love this...what a fun combo of stamps.. I love the flower background and how you made a pocket using the woodgrain...so clever..

Sue said...

Hello Lai-Yoke
Fantastic card! You have brought the Kraft paper to life, it is not an easy colour to work with, but combining the different stamps and creating texture and dimension it all works so well.

onecraftymama said...

Super-sweet! I love that sentiment, and the amazing colouring on the kraft paper...beautiful!
Glad to hear that you have the energy to make some cards :) You're on the mend! Now just for someone to come take care of the housework, and you're all set!

Kary said...

So cute!! Love the bright pink with kraft. Lovely job!!

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Lai-Yoke,

What a new fabulous card ! I like your graphic effect and your choice of colours. It's very successful ! I like !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Brenda said...

Super sweet Lai-Yoke! Love the sentiment too!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great pairing of the woodgrain with the kraft paper and a very cute pocket!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Lai Yoke! I love the bold, happy colours on kraft.