Friday, 3 February 2012

Patterned Paper

We had such a mild winter in December and January that all of us were prepared for the spring temperature already.  With a sudden change of weather, Holland in fact the whole of Europe are hit with winter since last week!  There is an extreme cold over at the eastern Europe that many died because of the cold.  Over here, sudden drop of temperature to about -8 degrees celcius caught many of us by surprise.  At this moment while I am writing this post, it's snowing and I heard it's going to be 6cm snow fall today. 

Most of our January/ February flowers buds are visible already and just two weeks ago, I saw a row of narcis.  I hope that they will survive the sudden freeze. 

Anyway, here is a challenge from Lily Pad by using pattern papers.  With lots of intricate foldings, I came up with a dress and a pair of shoes and no stamping today!

This card also enters into the following challenge : DYSU




I know that I've been absent from the blogland and I do not know why myself.  I hope my mojo will pick up again and thank you so much for dropping by!  Have a lovely weekend!

11 comments:

onecraftymama said...

This is so sweet, Lai-Yoke! The folds are wonderful (and the pearls are just right!) and I love the embossing & double bow. I hope you feel your mojo coming back soon. It's never fun to feel like it's gone missing.
I forgot to check the weather this morning before walking the boys to school, and it's actually -25C with the windchill. Brr!!!

Lisa said...

Love it when you do your origami!! This is really cute and you used the perfect paper :)
I've been missing you, funny you should mention not being around cuz I was just thinking that! You'll find you mojo soon. This card looks like a good start :)

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Lai-Yoke,

What a beautiful dress and a beautiful pair of shoe ! Interesting and wonderful card. Bravo ! It's very successful !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Annette said...

sooooo fabulous..this is just so creative...I love it

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lai-Yoke you are a master of origami!

WencheP said...

This is so cool! Love the dress and the shoes, very creative. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Sue said...

Hope you are keeping Warm Lai-Yoke!!!
You have made a gorgeous card, and it is lovely to see some paper folding on a card.
Smiles:)

Denise and Louise said...

This is so clever and so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Brenda said...

Don't talk about lack of mojo Lai-Yoke, I am also not feeling it. I am barely looking at Flickr lately and I try to find some time to make some comments on my friends blogs, you know, special people like you. But I am neglecting a whole lot more and feel kind of bad about it! I love how creative you are, that dress is so beautifully made and I love that patterned paper! Just hang in there, the mojo will come back. Hugs, Brenda

Lin said...

Wonderful, Lai Yoke!! Love your thinking outside the box on this one - thanks so much for playing in the Pond again!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oohhh, Burberry! LOL I love this outfit. ;)