Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Bleaching Technique

This is my first try of bleaching technique and I love the end result of it.  If you are sensitive to bleach, please take extra pre-caution when working with this technique as it may cause some irritations to the eyes.  You might also want to put on an old clothing as it might splattered onto your shirt unless you want a polka dots shirt!

The pink card was my first trial and it was a great success as everybody (my families) said the bleached flowers really stands out!  Then I decided to go for the green one which I receive lesser enthusiasm.  

For the pink card, I distressed on a white cardstock with milled lavendar, dusty concord and finished the side with festive berries.

As this month's challenge at Hero Arts is "Flowers" and at Penny Black at All Sorts is "Spring", I chose these stamps : Stitched Frame and Bouquet in Vase which are stamped in black. Here comes the bleaching part.  Pour tiny little bit of the bleach in a small container and using a fine brush, brushing over the image until you achieved the results.  The card needs to dry before you can see the total whiteness of the bleached area.

As for the green card, the distress colours are peeled paint and shubby shutter.  The background stamp is Newspaper Background!

Thank you for your sweet comments!







12 comments:

onecraftymama said...

Wow, Lai-Yoke! These are incredible! I've never tried colouring with the bleach - just stamping with it, and that never worked for me. I've got to give this a try :)

joy said...

Can't believe it's your first try - you have mastered this technique. I love these cards; the pink if my favorite too.

Lin said...

I love the way these turned out, Lai Yoke!

Annette said...

this is so cool...I have never tried that before...looks so awesome...your cards are so amazing...

Anette said...

WOW! Both cards are absolutely stunning, I'd love to try this! Thanks for explaining the process!

Elizabeth Allan said...

You hit a home run with this technique Lai-Yoke!!

Cat's sCrap said...

Wonderful realizations ! It's very succcessful ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Greta said...

I haven't gotten out my bleach in a long time, but you make me want to use this technique again, Lai-Yoke. Lovely cards!

jintyoo7 said...

Absolutely beautiful, Lai-Yoke - Well done :)

Brenda said...

I think these are both exquisite Lai-Yoke!

Lisa said...

I'm not sure what the bleach technique is, but these are both gorgeous!! Yes- even the green one :) (lol- you know I love green)

Dawn Turley said...

thanks for pointing me this direction Lai-Yoke. Your cards are delightful. Love the pinky/purple one too.