Monday, 14 May 2012

Birthday card for Dad

I didn’t realised that I miss my father so much until I make a birthday card for him.  His birthday is only in June but I wanted to get it done on time as I needed to send it to Malaysia.  It is always so heartbreaking for both of us when we had to bid farewell during my yearly visits to Malaysia  - yes, I am very fortunate that we are still able to make this yearly trip despite me not having found a permanent job. 
Now back to card making.  Simple masculine card.  I remembered that when I was young, I used to admire how fast he typed with only one finger from each hand.  When I was flipping thru my stamps I had to choose this HA typewriter stamp for him and with a little interactive “pull out” flab which I hope he could see and pull gently.  He is turning 81.  I know that he will not read my blog but I just wanted to let him know that I miss him so much.

This interactive idea came to me as I remembered the old fashion way of replacing a new sheet each time one is full.




I decided to make a second card for HA this month’s challenge which I managed to meet all the three requirements for this challenge.






11 comments:

Annette said...

I SOOOOO love this..great embossing and really love those buttons...great cards...

brenda said...

I can imagine how you miss you Dad Lai-Yoke and your visits must be lovely. My Dad died two years ago and I miss him so much.

The card you have made for him is really great and so inspirational, I am sure he will cherish it.

B x

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lai-Yoke your interactive design is fabulously creative. Your father is going to enjoy revealing the hidden message. Love seeing your design in another color palette too!

Cat's sCrap said...

What a creativity ! Wonderful colours. I like !!!

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Sue said...

Wonderful interactive card Lai-Yoke.
Your Dad will love it.
Smiles:)
Sue

Brenda said...

Love how you made this an interactive card Lai-Yoke! Happy early birthday to your Dad! It's no fun when our parents are so far away, I know!

onecraftymama said...

How cool that you have such a perfect card to suit that memory - I hope you write about the memory inside the card for him to share too :) Love the idea of pulling the paper in the typewriter - so clever!

joy said...

What a wonderful card you have created for your dad, Lai-Yoke! He will love the hidden message and hopefully it will bring the same memories back to him, too.

Love the color blocks on the second card - great way to incorporate all the colors of the challenge!

Miss V said...

I am amazed Kong Kong can type fast with one finger from each hand but the more impressive part is the fact that he can type!!! WOW.

I'm sure he will love this card and will be very happy and touched if he reads this.

Your designs for Kong Kong is always so amazing! love the creative message design!

take care. xx

Kary said...

Hi Lai-Yoke! What a fun interactive card for your dad! It's hard to be away from parents. I'm sure your dad will absolutely adore this card. Love your fun design ideas, Lai-Yoke!!

Greta said...

You are so clever, Lai-Yoke! I know this card will bring a smile to your dad's face. Funny--my dad was also an incredible typist using 2 fingers!