Monday, 4 June 2012

Spatter Card and Orange Fans


Hi everyone, hope you had a good weekend! 
Today's card is bringing me back to my school time when we had to use toothbrush for our art classes.  It's all about spatter technique and you still have until tonight to join in this challenge over at Moxie Fab World.  I am also entering this card at Penny Black and More with the theme "All My Favourite Things". 

This is a fab way of recycling your old tooth brush and an economical way of creating a different look on your card.  I decided to use white paint on the black background.  First you dipped the white on the toothbrush and then add a little droplets of water on the brush and if you want a bigger spatters,  just add more water on the brush.  Hold the brush facing the paper and by using your finger, gently run over the brush to create the spatters.  When I showed Claire the card and explained to her how it worked, she had to give it a try too and had fun doing it!

Once the spatters are dry, I used the stamp from HA Past Times and heat embossed in white and added a bling on the middle of the wheel!  The sentiment is my all time favourite from HA Everyday Sayings and added blings on both sides too.




Last weekend, the boys had a day out together to a football match : Holland against Ireland in Amsterdam.  As far as I know, the dutch are very into dressing up for their matches.  Our make-up artist, Claire took the opportunity to paint their faces : one with only orange stripes and another with the dutch flags' colours on their cheeks.




Father and son in orange.  Orange is the national color of Holland.  Before they left for the match, we were asked to spot for them from the tv......

This is the stadium where the match took place in Arena, Amsterdam and it can cater up to about 50,000 spectators!  We knew that they were somewhere out there!!


I hope that you had fun looking at the "orange" and thank you for dropping by and have a nice day!

14 comments:

onecraftymama said...

WOW that's a lot of orange :) So neat to see how many people wore it!
I love your card - that's exactly how I learned to do spatters too, with a toothbrush :)

Vivien Q said...

I had so much fun reading this post and I would join in the orange parade anytime! It's so nice to see everyone having so much fun! ^-^
Your card brings a little sentimental feeling within me. Reminds me of the cycling times we had together, :) but this bicycle is too cute to cycle ^-^
Nice card and creative way to splatter!

Annette said...

aww your family is adorable...how fun to go to a soccer game...your card is amazing...I love how you did the spatter look and that bike is too cute...great card.

Greta said...

Oh how fun! Your guys would fit right in where I am since Orange is the university's color. Your card came out perfect, Lai-Yoke! Maybe I'll get out my old toothbrush & try it.

Cat's sCrap said...

Fabulous card. Magnificent sky's effect ! Perfect ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Barb said...

The boys must have had a blast at the game - so fun! Love your fabulous card, Lai-Yoke! The paint splatters turned out awesome!

Heather Maria said...

Wow fab card, Lai-Yoke! I never thought of using a toothbrush for splattering - what a great idea! Loved seeing your fun photos too - bet the boys enjoyed the match and the result too!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Thanks for reminding us that sometimes the most ordinary tool can create the most speck-tacular design!

Kristie said...

Really neat card! The way you did the spatters sounds interesting, I'll have to find an old toothbrush and give it a try!

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Great card! Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More this month.
Clare x

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Gorgeous card, like the simplicity!

Thank you for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More, good luck;-))m

susiestacey said...

Great card and what a wonderful technique. Thank you for joining in the fun at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Karen said...

very neat...