Thursday, 30 August 2012

Washi Tapes

 
 
Here is another card for this month's challenge at Hero Arts.  Yesterday, I was doing some shopping and I stumbled upon some plain neon washi tapes - how perfect!  The moment I arrived home, I dropped the shopping and went stamping on the washi tapes. 
 
Using the sketch and CAS challenge, I stamped the washi tapes with HA Envie and the Die Cut Stamp Floral.  As for the buttons, I added a white cardstock under the washi tape to strenghten them and finished it off with stickles.  The sentiment is from HA Everyday Saying.  As this is a repetitive pattern, I am also entering it into Moxie Fab World and Young Crafters Unite. 
 
 





13 comments:

Sue said...

This brings a smile to my face, the colour palette is fresh and happy, and the design is pleasing to the eye, this is a lovely card.
Smiles:)
Sue

onecraftymama said...

Super fun & bright! Love it :)

Lin said...

Such a creative take on that sketch, Lai-Yoke! And so trendy with the neon - great job!

Annette said...

aww totally love the neon colors and what a fun design...awesome cool card...must get some of that neon tape...hehe

Julia Aston said...

Love the stampings you did on these bright color tapes!

Cat's sCrap said...

Absolutely fantastic ! Everything in simplicity. Beautiful choice of colours. Bravo ! I like !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Kara Lynne said...

Your washi tape banners are wonderful! The buttons work so well with them too.

Kim said...

Great use of Washi Tape, I have yet to give the stuff a try, but your card is just so sweet with your little flowers and sparkle buttons.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lai-Yoke your design of nestled Washi tapes with the stamping overlapping the colors is beautiful!

Jean Martin said...

Nice use of washi tape! And the colors are brilliant! :)

Marie / Legojenta said...

So fun with the stamping overlapping more then one color of washi tape =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

brenda said...

Hello Lai-Yoke,

I'm so sorry that I seem to miss this post, I wasn't so well last week and didn't do much blogging.

But glad I popped over as I've read a lot about washi tape but not really seen anybody use it. Your use of colours here is so effective and have made a really lovely card.

I just saw your comment over at mine, thank you. Did you mean I have something in Craft Stamper ? I've not submitted anything to them lately so just wondered.

B x

Cath said...

Hey Lai-Yoke! Thanks for linking this up to the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)