Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Happy New Year

A Happy New Year and a Happy Crafting 2013 to all!   

I hope you had a good time with you and yours.   I would like to share some fireworks photos with you taken on the eve of 31 December at our place.   We did not have a good weather and sadly to say that it rained while the boys were busy with the fireworks.  It's so warm for this time of the year - about 10 degrees.  I hope that your weather is better off than ours.



We spent a couple of days in Wuppertal, Germany which is only a couple of hours drive from our home. 

I was very impressed by their more than a 100 years old Schwebebahn (suspension monorail) which is hanging on the air and riding above the river, Wupper.  Initally, I was hesitant travelling with this monorail as you know that I am afraid of height although this is not high at all but just the thought that there is no support on the ground just scared me off!  Anyway, it was not too bad afterall and the only scary part was when the monorail stops for passengers to get in and out, I could see that the monorail was swinging from left to right of about 10 cm.




I have no card to share with you today, as I am trying to organise my messy craft corner.  Thank you for dropping by and I will try to catch up with everyone's blog soon.

9 comments:

Annette said...

wow what a nice getaway... Happy New Year my friend..

Emily Leiphart said...

Happy New Year, Lai Yoke! I love seeing your travel photos. I think I would be scared on this, too. It's really awesome though!

Vivien Quay said...

Happy New Year to you too!
Wow that hanging monorail is so cool! Thanx for sharing!

Jessi Fogan said...

I am so glad to NEVER go on that monorail....the swaying? NO THANK YOU, thank you. EEEEK.
I love how your fireworks photos turned out - especially the first one! Bummer about the rain, though. We got about 30 cm of snow on the weekend, and then today it was -24C with the windchill. Winter took its time getting here but came all at once!

brenda said...

Hello Lai-Yoke,

Just wanted to say a somewhat belated Happy New Year to you and wish you all the best for 2013.

B x

Cat's sCrap said...

Thanks for these magnificent images. Happy new year !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Hilde van Rijnsoever said...

Gelukkig nieuwjaar Lai-Yoke! Liefs

Trinh said...

Happy new year, Lai-Yoke! Love the photos of fireworks. That monorail does look scary and I'm not even afraid of heights! Hope it's a great, crafty year for you!

Greta said...

Looks like a really fun holiday. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Happy New Year, my friend!