Thursday, 31 January 2013

Moxie Fab World #49

Happy Friday to all!  Today's card is all about making your own background paper over at Moxie Fab World.


I came across this fun technique by using glue in the UK's version of Craft Stamper - Yes, just paper glue!  This technique is totally new to me and this card will also be submitted to this month's contest over at Hero Arts.  I was amazed with the result. 

First, you make patterns with the glue on a white cardstock - it does not matter what pattern you make but for this card, I made some circular patterns. Allow time to dry and once it's dry, use distress inks to go over the cardstock. Then apply a second layer of glue over (not entirely) the first layer and allow it to dry. Apply another layer of distress inks over it.  For this card, I used dusty concord, shabby shutter, peeled paint, spiced marmalade and mustard seed.  

The sentiment is from HA Frames and Messages and I finished it off with the paper ribbon and added a three layers of different colours of flower too.

I was very lucky that as this was my first attempt and it came out so beautifully and so I decided to try a second, third, fourth and it didn't work out anymore! Puzzled!  What did I do wrong? If you manage, please do let me know and I would love to see you masterpiece!  Good luck!

.  

A close-up of the glue

All the snow is gone and so is the igloo but  now we have rain and storm.  This morning I had to cycle to attend an orientation programme at the American School for another substitute work but with that storm, I felt like I was literally cycling on the stationary bike as the wind was 85km/h.  LOL!  Hope your weather is better then ours!

Have a fun and crafty day!


11 comments:

Annette said...

wow what a great technique.. I love it. The colors are so pretty and the design is AWESOME...

Barb said...

Lai-Yoke, that is such a cool card! Love the way it turned out, and your ribbon is so pretty!

Brenda said...

Oh that is really neat Lai-Yoke! Love the colours too!

Jessi Fogan said...

Isn't that strange that it didn't work after the first try! I think it looks neat - I like the colours you chose!

Greta said...

Wow--you sure do get your exercise, Lai-Yoke! We actually had some sun today--everyone thought it was Spring! Love how the glue distress came out--such an artistic card!

Sue said...

Hello Lai-Yoke
The card has turned out wonderfully,
and your Raffia bow adds wonderful texture and interest.
Smiles:)
Sue

Kanan Pandya said...

This is stunning, Lai-Yoke. Love this new technique, so pretty design and wonderful colors. :-)

Kim Heggins said...

FABulous card! So creative and fun.

Anonymous said...

Nice and cool technique. I had to laugh reading your weather report. Hahaha. Thanx for sharing them. WL

Cath said...

Hey Lai-Yoke! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lisa said...

Very cool technique! Never heard of anything like that before. Don;t give up on it- this card turned out fabulous!