Monday, 18 March 2013

Birthday Gift Box


A friend's birthday is coming up soon and I thought giving a box of handmade cards will be a great gift.  Naturally, tulips come in mind as we are moving towards the spring (wink! wink! more wet snow is forecasted in the next few days)!

Using one of my favourite duo technique which is distressing and heat embossing. All the tulips come in different colours which is the closest to the Hero Arts colour challenge. I used distress colours for all the tulips and sprayed with glimmer mists and heat embossed in clear to achieve the the dew drops look.  

All the backgrounds are stamped with two different stamp sets, heat embossed in white and distressed in different colours.

As for the gift box, I made a pizza-box version and made a matching top as well.  The side is punched with MS border punch.

This project also enters into the following challenge A Blog Named Hero


Closer peep at the dew drops.  The tulips are distressed in lavender and ice-spruce.  To my surprise, I love how the mixed turned out!

The tulips are distressed in lavender and broken china

 The tulips are distressed in broken china and mustard seed



9 comments:

Lisa said...

FAB.U.LOUS!!!! Wow do I love the way you created your b/g on these!! How awesome! The tulips are gorgeous too and your friend is gonna LOVE these Lai-Yoke!! XX

brenda said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift for your friend Lai-Yoke and so useful as well.

The distressing over the white embossing looks really good in the lovely soft Spring colours.

B x

Jessi Fogan said...

So gorgeous! And what a wonderful gift! I love the edging on the box (now that I know how to use my edge punch I have to try that!) And I never would have thought to pair those colours, and they turned out so amazing. Love them :)

Kanan Pandya said...

Lovely set, Lai-Yoke. Beautiful colors, so neat and gorgeous. Love them all, so perfect for the challenge. :-)

Sue McRae said...

This is a beautiful gift to give your friend Lai-Yoke and I love your combination of Distress Inks on the flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Annette said...

wow wee this is so GORGEOUS.. I love those tulips..such a sweet set..

Cat's sCrap said...

Absolutely fabulous ! Fantastic design ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Barb said...

What a lucky friend! This set is gorgeous, Lai-Yoke! The pastel colors are so perfect and your backgrounds look awesome!

Greta said...

You've really done it now, Lai-Yoke--How are you going to top this?! Fabulous stamping & inking--LOVE this project!