Thursday, 11 April 2013

Birthday Cards for Annette

This is my second posting of the day. For my TAW challenge card, please scroll down.

My blog sweet friend, Annette of My Clever Creations is having a double celebrations this month - her birthday and her 18th anniversary!  Because of this, she is holding a linky party.  I am also linking this to Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

I actually made three cards for her (wink! wink! Annette) Today, I will share with you two birthday cards and the third one will be on a different day.  Here is my first card.

I am using the sketch from Hero Arts to make this card.  Using the kraft as a base card and also I wanted it to be a one-layer card, I used HA Lauderdale Trees which is heat embossed.  The die cut of the flowers and leaf are from HA Floral Die Cut.  This time instead of stamping and cutting them, I decided to use only the die cut them onto the burlaps and velt. The sentiment is from HA It's Your Day which is also heat embossed.




On onto my second card, I wanted to use the same sketch but a different colour, I came up with this.  For this card, I used HA Large Fabric Design on the base card.

Dear Annette, I can't decide which one to give it to you, do you have a preference or shall I give you a surprise?




7 comments:

Annette said...

Lai-Yoke you have a special place in my heart.. You are such a dear friend and always seem to put a big smile on my face...You are an amazing designer who inspires me everyday.. Thank you for being such a sweet and dear friend..

HUGS.. girl you rocked these cards.. they are GORGEOUS.. and thank you for linking up.. :)

I can not choose.. so I have to leave it up to you.

joy said...

I am sure Annette will love to receive either of these fabulous cards, Lai-Yoke! Love the burlap!!

fun stamping said...

I am soooo in love with your flowers!

Greta said...

Beautifully done, Lai-Yoke! Terrific die cut flowers!

Jessi Fogan said...

So much fabulous texture, Lai-Yoke! I love the lace & that awesome burlap :)

Barb Murphy said...

beautiful texture! i love the flowers and that gorgeous trim. Annette would be tickled pink with either one...so pretty!

cheiron said...

Great colors and design, and I LOVE your burlap flowers. Wonderful texture. Thanks for joining us and playing along with the April Showers/Spring Flowers challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!