Thursday, 4 April 2013

Graduation - Lawnscaping Challenge #55


One of my cousin graduated about 2 weeks ago and I have not sent him any card yet.  I got this idea yesterday 1/2 hour before bedtime and I had to try it out.



First, I dry embossed it on a white cardstock and used 4 different blues of TH distress inks to swipe on the white cardstock diagonally as it's the trend at the moment.  Then heat embossed both the hat and the sentiment.  I applied glossy accent and paper pieced the hat.  Simple card but love how the different tone of blues turned out on the embossing.




8 comments:

Annette said...

WOW this looks amazing.. i love how you did the strips over the embossing.. what a fabulous card..

Cat's sCrap said...

Fabulous cameo of blue ! Bravo ! I like !

Hugs from France.
Cath.

Kanan Pandya said...

What a wonderful and unique design for a graduation card, Lai-Yoke. :-)

Jessi Fogan said...

Love it! The mix of blues is so soft & lovely, and I love that sentiment!

Greta said...

Oh I love this! Great design & implementation!

Elena said...

oooh, super love! You rocked this challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

Yainea said...

Great card!! Love the gradient effect on the embossing!
Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

{Chrissie} said...

I love the ombre effect you created on the embossing! Awesome card!

Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping!!!