Tuesday, 14 May 2013

PB Family Challenge

My laptop is driving me mad!  It has been crashing for the last couple of weeks or even months already and I am able to bare with it until last week!  It crashed several times a day!!! For example, I was working on this post since 4pm and I could not complete it until 4 hours later!!!  How frustrating!  Hope it will not crash on me at this moment again.  Better stop complaining and continue with my posting....



A quick card today for a family challenge over at Penny Black and using the colour challenge from Dynamic Duos.  I am choosing Regal Rose and Grey for this card and used PB Laced Edge which is heat embossed in silver.  Somehow, I associate silver to grey - I don't know why. 

Yesterday, I read from my blog friend, Greta - GG Creations that she embossed felt which I never knew that you could. So curious how it will look like I had to give this a try and I did it today.  Love the softness of it, thanks Greta for sharing with us!

The grey felt was ran thru 4 times over the CB so as to achieve the texture.  The sentiment is from Verve Stamp and also heat embossed in silver.  I am also entering this card into Stamping Sensations with the theme for this month "Embossing and Texture".





12 comments:

Lisa said...

OH WOW! I have never thought of or seen anyone emboss on felt , but it is crazy cool!! Love how this turned out Lai-Yoke! You have inspired me to try something new :) Fab card!

pinky said...

Very feminine and pretty, love the texture. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

joy said...

Love the silver embossing with the gray felt!!! Very pretty card, Lai-Yoke!

Annette said...

wow gorgeous embossing, stitching and that lace is perfect... love this card..

Greta said...

Oh Lai-Yoke--I wish I was your sister! This is just stunning! One of my favorite color combos & the lace with that beautiful embossed felt is just too much--not to mention the inside! So glad my little discovery inspired you!

brenda said...

Very nice Lai-Yoke, I really like the idea of grey with pink, it's softer on the eye than black.

Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

Jessi Fogan said...

This is stunning! I love the colours together, and the different kinds of embossing look so wonderful together :)

Cat's sCrap said...

Very elegant. I like the association of colours. The inside is also wonderful as the outside. Fabulous work !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Tara (Murphy) Bourgoin said...

Beautiful! What a cool idea to emboss on felt - it looks gorgeous! I agree, silver is close enough to gray for me ;) Excellent job with these colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Janet Zeppa said...

What an elegant card! Love the embossed felt. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Martha said...

Lai-Yoke, what a BEAUTIFUL card!
I love the embossing & the pretty color combination! AND the pretty lace is the perfect finishing touch!

Kanan Pandya said...

Beautiful Lai-Yoke, love the pink and silver combinations, looks so elegant. Felt embossing is fab, love the textured. :-)