Sunday, 25 August 2013

Hello

Hi everyone,

I know that it has been a long time since I last posted on my blog.  I would like to thank all with the personal mails asking for my well being.  As I have mentioned here the reason for the long silence but never did I expect to loose my mojo longer than expected. In between, I have been trying to get my mojo back by trying to make cards and visiting all my favourite blogs but it somehow it did not help.

Anyway, I have good news to share that I have been offered a one-year part-time contract with the primary school which I have been working as a substitute.  School holiday is almost coming to an end over here and tomorrow is my first day of work as we need to work a week in advance before the children come back to school.

Trying with my first attempt, I thought I should go for something small and decided to make a bookmark, I am playing with distress inks which is going to enter into the  Lawnscaping Challenge.




Thank for all your lovely comments and hope to make another project soon.

15 comments:

Cat's sCrap said...

Very happy to see again you on the blogosphere !

What an adorable tag ! I like the graphic effect in the background with the colours and the writting. Lovely character. Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

joy said...

Welcome back, Lai-Yoke! I adore this cute bookmark - the blended background is beautiful and that little image is so cute!

Congratulations on your new teaching position - that is wonderful news! I know that it will be a bit stressful to work full-time, but just take one day at a time! I'm sure the children will love you.

Sue Butler said...

Hello Lai-Yoke
Great Tag and great to see you back up posting, great also that you have some work, even though it will take you out of the craft room.
I will wish you all the very best.
Smiles:)
Sue

Charlene B. said...

Awesome tag! I just love how you used distress inks to create the fab background.
Congrats on your new job.
Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenge :)

~amy~ said...

Welcome Back! Gorgeous tag...love the inking!

brenda said...

Hello Lai-Yoke,

Fist of all thank you for your recent visit whilst I have been on holiday.

It is good that you have been offered a longer contract, but such a shame your mojo is suffering.

I think it happens to us all at times but looking at the lovely ink blending on your tag I thing it must be on it's way back.

B x

Jessi Fogan said...

That is great news about the school :) I am happy to see you pop back up to visit now & then, and ESPECIALLY glad to see you get inky. Now let's hope once you get into the routine you'll find that your mojo doesn't play hide & seek with you!!

Penny Ward said...

Congrats on your new job!!! Looks like your mojo is just fine...the tag is too cute for words. Love your shading on the little bear.

Elena said...

so happy you decided to play along with our lawnscaping challenge! your tag is fantastic - i love how you blended those colors together!

Samantha Casey said...

This is so cute! i love the colors you used! Amazing job!

-Samantha

Amber Holder said...

Very cute! I love the stamped sentiments you used :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

{Chrissie} said...

WOW! That background you made is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

Yainea said...

Perfect color blending!! Love your cute tag :)

Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

Greta said...

Yah! So happy to see your work again, but totally understand life getting in the way & I know you're happy to have the job. This is beautiful, Lai-Yoke! Hugs, Greta

Kanan Pandya said...

Yeeee!!! You back, I am so happy Lai- Yoke!! Love your cute bookmark. Beautiful inking and very sweet image. CONGRATS on your new job. :-)