Saturday, 21 September 2013

ABNH - #32

After weeks of raining, today is the first day that's completely dry. Sun is also shining towards the end of the afternoon and DH and I managed to do some gardening.  

I am definitely starting a little earlier than last year with the Christmas cards so that I can enjoy more instead of rushing thru the last minute.

Using the colour challenge from Penny Black Day 3 and inspired by Moxie Fab World with the Colour Media Challenge.  I used the colour block as a focal point and stamped the sentiment on it. 

 As for the background, I wanted to try a different stamp using the Christmas stamp, I used the Diamond Pattern which is stamped with stazon on the acetate.  The sentiment is from the old set Joy.  As for the second card, I used the set from Joy but I still prefer the Diamond Pattern as the background.

A set of three which can be done quickly and am entering this into ABNH.







Inside

Wishing you a lovely weekend!

13 comments:

Lin said...

WOW,these are wonderful! I do love clear cards; they are so unique! Well done!

Lisa said...

I really love the acetate! wow- this looks fantastic! I am such a chicken when it comes to using it, but maybe now I feel a bit more inspired:)

Cat's sCrap said...

Absolutely fabulous ! I like the mixture of materials ! Bravo ! It's original and perfect !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Jessi Fogan said...

I have never seen anyone else rock clear cards like you do! These are so fun! I love the colour-blocked panels too :)

Martha said...

WOW, Lai-Yoke, these are fabulous & beautiful! Beautifully done!

Vivien Quay said...

Wow! Nice and pretty! So brilliant!

Sue McRae said...

Your colourful die cut is a fun element with the acetate card. Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero.

Kanan Pandya said...

Beautiful set of Christmas cards, Lai-Yoke. Love your stamping on acetate. Beautiful. :-)

Greta said...

Wonderful idea--love these, Lai-Yoke!

Cris said...

I loooove acetate cards! Such a gorgeous setd! Love them! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

Coralynn Murray said...

Love the impact these cards have. What a great idea!

Monika Reeck said...

First I love the color combo on the paper second I love the clear card and the stamping in white third I love your embossing so clean Lai Yoke...adorable really love this card...I will be so happy if you send me one of this card LOL big hugs...

Cath said...

Hey Lai-Yoke! Thanks for linking this up to the Color Media Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)