Friday, 11 October 2013

PS 7-13 Challenge

Happy Friday to all!  Greetings from the rainy Netherlands.

I can't resist making another card for Paper Smooches Sparks with the theme "Lace".  I don't usually use lace for my cards and I thought this should be a little push for me to use them.  I am also entering this card into CAS-ual Fridays with this week challenge "stitches".

Using one my favourite PS Perky Plant set, I heat embossed, distressed (as I am not good with colouring) and combining some colouring and paperpieced.  Have you tried the latest TH distress ink, raspeberry - it's bright and pink - love it!

The background is stamped with MFT Textile Background.  Did some fussy paperpieced around the die cuts. I also machined-stitched the cardstocks on both the background and the circle with some wavy stitch. Finally, the lace and some sequins are adhered to the cardstock as well.



Inside card

Thank you for dropping by and happy weekend!


15 comments:

Kanan Pandya said...

Super sweet card, Lai-Yoke. Love the green and pink with white lace. Beautiful shaped card and the bright pink flower is too cute. :-)

Kailash said...

So so sweet Lai-Yoke, your design incorporating the lace and yummy colors is beautiful!

Annette Allen said...

this is so fun... love that PS set and love how you added the stitch holes.. so cool...

Deb said...

Love the distressing and stitches! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Barb said...

Absolutely adorable, Lai-Yoke! Love the colors!

Houses Built of Cards said...

How CUTE and FUN!!! LOVE the bright happy colors! So glad you joined us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Greta said...

Oh so cute, Lai-Yoke! Wonderful stitching & I love the sequins & that pink ink is one of my favorites!

Jessi Fogan said...

I think you are fabulous with the colouring! IT looks awesome! I love that pink - I find it's the only distress ink I have that stains stamps, though. No big deal, it just surprised me :)
Love the pierced edges - such a small but perfect detail!

Pamela said...

Absolutely amazing colouring! Thanks for joining us at PS Sparks Challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOOVE this! I LOVE that you stamped and decorated the inside-- love x1000000 your coloring (that flower POPS!)!!! and I LOVE that you layered the image to make it 3D! FAB all around:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you will play along with us this week for our sketch challenge <3

Cat's sCrap said...

I like humor ! Your card is perfect ! The inside is also magnificent as the outside. Great work !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Martha said...

Lai-Yoke, what a DARLING card! I love the pretty colors.

sanketi said...

A beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

SUPER CUTE card!

Brenda said...

Totally cute Lai-Yoke! Love the colours!