Friday, 3 October 2014

Fab Friday #51

I found a new technique while blogging, perhaps you have heard about it before and it's called Rolling Marble.  It's easy to make and I decided to make one for a friend who is turning 50!

I am combining the sketch from Fab Friday and the colour challenge from The Card Concept.

The background turned out to be quite cool and I should say this fits into the Layered and Graphic style.  I decided to use vellums for the three banners which are dry embossed. The numbers are diecut on a black glittered paper.



As it's a gift card, I decided to use my quick and easy envelope for this card as well.  The sentiment is from SU.


Enjoy your weekend!





11 comments:

joy said...

what a fabulous card! I love the background and the colors. Great envy, too!

Amanda Mertz said...

Very cool background! It looks great with those sparkly numbers! The faux stitching on the vellum banners looks cool! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

brenda said...

It did turn out well Lai-Yoke, not heard of the technique but will be giving it a try.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Rosemary said...

really fun card, lai-yoke!

Greta said...

What neat card! Love the vellum flags!

Kim Heggins said...

Great card...I love the outside just as much as the inside, so fun. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Brian King said...

What an incredibly beautiful card! I love this background design - it's sure to be a hit! Thanks for playing along with Fab Friday!

Jessi Fogan said...

How fun is this! Love the technique - I must try it!

Kristie Larsen said...

What a fun technique!! LOVE the dry embossing too. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing at The Card Concept!

Monika Reeck said...

Great use of the sketch and i love the color challenge ...nice 50 years old card Lai Yoke..how are you...hugs, Monika

Narelle Farrugia said...

I need to do more research on the internet as this technique is so cool! What a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!