Monday, 2 March 2015

Flickr Co-challenge SSS & Lawn Fawn #2

This is my second submission for the challenges over at flickr challenges.  Check them out here and here.

I really had fun making this card as I did not really plan how it turned out at the end.

The background panel is embossed with music folder on a vellum.  The panel sky is distressed lightly.  I used MFT snowdrift for the grass and the houses are from SSS village which are die cut in two different colours and adhered onto dark brown cardstocks to create the shade.

The lovely koala is from Lawn Fawn Down Under - cut, paperpieced and coloured in copics.  Then I thought I was done but I wanted to add another animal and decided on a crocodile.  Why pink, you might be wondering - well because I had a pink house and something pinky need to come back onto the scene!

Made the sun from twine.




This part was totally unplanned but I was giggling all the time while trying to finish the card!  I really had fun making this card!


Thanks for dropping by!

9 comments:

joy said...

So cute, Lai-Yoke! This little surprise made me smile. Love the pink house and crocodile!!!

Barb said...

Oh, my gosh, Lai-Yoke! This is so adorable! Love the funny scene you created! So clever and creative! Thank you for playing in the SSS Flickr co-challenge with Lawn Fawn!

Kara Lynne said...

Well that just made me laugh! I love this scene and whoa, that crocodile!

Annette Allen said...

how totally CUTE.. love the little scene you created.. that alligator is perfect.. heehee... love this

Rosemary said...

this is just so cute and clever, lai-yoke! love the little crocodile peeking out!! can totally tell you had fun making this card!

Greta said...

You are so good at cute cards, Lai-Yoke! This one makes me giggle, too! I really love the twine sun--so creative!

Cat's sCrap said...

Wonderful 3D ! Bravo ! It's very successful !

Hugs from France.

Monika Reeck said...

I love your idea to make that twine as sunshine
I ever made it for a lollipop
clever idea and love your scene so so sooo cuuuteee that koala on that tree and that pink house
the crocodile maybe make him afraid of hihi...I smile to see your creativity you are so creative Lai Yoke
saya suka sekali kartu ini...untuk siapa..CUTE CARD!!
hugs, Monika

Jessi Fogan said...

That is just adorable! Those are always the best cards, the ones that kind of take over creating themselves :)