Monday, 4 May 2015

STAMPlorations - CASplorations April


It seems like a while ago that I made a card.  The school is having a week break and it's nice to be at home with the children without rushing in the morning.

Today's card is all about CASing one of the DTs at STAMPlorations and I have chosen Vicki Dutcher.  I was drawn by the technique which she used with background stenciling with the "open" stamp in black ink.

Here is my card by using the bricks which is stenciled in TH distress inks Peeled Paint and Faded Jeans. Then, I used my favourite stamp from SSS Scribble Flowers to stamp onto the stenciled background.  The colours which I used are colour challenge from Colour Throwdown and this is also a one-layer card which I would like to pop into One Layer Simplicity.  I can't really capture the colour but in real, the colour stands out more than shown here.  I am also putting this card into SSS Flickr ChallengeCraft StamperSeize the Birthday.


Thanks for dropping by and have a nice day!




19 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, Lai-Yoke, this turned out so beautifully! Love your background and those fabulous scribble flowers! Thank you for playing in the SSS Flickr challenge!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh so fun to see an inspired card from mine :) -- Awesome card! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations Inspiration

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful card, lai-yoke!! love your take on the inspiration card!

Heather T said...

I am so impressed with your combination of colours and images. This is such a pretty card.

brenda said...

A fabulous choice of colours Lai-Yoke and such an effective background.

B x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a beautiful CASE of Vicki's card! Love this and thanks for joining us at CASEplorations.

Annette Allen said...

that background is amazing and I love those flowers.. so pretty

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Lai-Yoke. Love the colored bricks in the background. Great take on the challenges. Thank you for playing along with us at The color Throwdown.

joy said...

Gorgeous card, Lai-Yoke! I love your take on Vicki's technique; one of my favorites in the line-up of cards to be cased. Love the soft blues and greens you used.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful background and I love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Lori said...

Great one layer design! Love the background. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Greta said...

Great case, Lai-Yoke! Love the look of this card!

maria f. said...

Glad you were able to enjoy some moments crafting, Lai-Yoke. What a great CASE of Vicki's card. Love that technique. Thanks for joining us at CASEplorations.

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, I love that background! Thanks for playing at CASEplorations and Seize The Birthday :)

Glenda J said...

What a fantastic background! Great work. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous project! Thanks for joining in the TIMI challenge at Craft Stamper!
xxx Ellie xxx

Linda said...

Love this .... the background looks fab and the flowers are so pretty. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

Linda said...

Love this .... the background looks fab and the flowers are so pretty. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

Monika Reeck said...

I agree with you the card from Vicki that you choose is stunning..and yours too..Love that cute flower and the stenciling you did look awesome my friend...lovely and beautifully made..hugs, Monika