Sunday, 28 June 2015

ABNH Sketch

Today's weather has been rather humid and it has been forecasted that by the end of the week, the temperature will rise to 30 degrees celcius.  There are many people out there who loves this weather but this is definitely not for me.

Here is card which I made for ABNH sketch challenge.  I would like to pop this card into All Sorts challenge.

For this card, I used Hero Arts Past Time.  First, I distressed the base card with chipped sapphire, faded jeans and broken china.  Here is a new trick which I just learned that I spritzed my stamp with water and stamped directly onto the distressed area.  Oh!  I forgot to mention that the distressed area need to be of a darker colour otherwise it will not be visible.  Then, stamped another time but with chipped sapphire over the water print.


Here is the result after stamping with water.

Then stamped with the matching colour which for this case, is chipped sapphire.  I love how the double stamping turned out.

Then, I did some masking and repeated the same procedure.  Here is a close-up of the broken china - on the right side.  The middle inking did not turn out well so I had to do the cutting and pasting to cover up.


Thank you for dropping by.

8 comments:

Greta said...

Love how you used that neat sketch, Lai-Yoke! Overstamping the water stamped image is just amazing!

brenda said...

A perfect card for this weeks theme Lai-Yoke.

It lovely to see you at Allsorts challenge again, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Rosemary said...

that technique you showed is so cool, lai-yoke! you created a fabulous card using it and the sketch!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Cool technique withe the water! This goes on my to-do list to try!! Also not looking forward to the weather this week....

Jessi Fogan said...

what a terrific technique! Love the colour & that truck!

Cat's sCrap said...

Wonderful card ! Magnificent graphic effect ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Cat's sCrap.

Kara Lynne said...

Thanks for showing how you did that double stamping! That vintage truck is perfect for it! Wonderful use of the sketch and so masculine!

Craftnut said...

Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week Hugs Tracy x