Wednesday, 10 June 2015

SSS Flickr Challenge #20


Barb is organising her 20th challenge over at SSS Flickr Challenge with a summer theme.  I pulled out my SSS Frozen Treat dies for this card.  Cut five of them and coloured in copics, stamped the letters and clear heat embossed.  I also wanted to make a shaker card but because the dies has two different shapes, I could not do what I wanted to.  Therefore, I came up with a different idea.

Die cut the "You" on a white cardstock.  As this time, I die cut it on a bigger surface instead of making several die cuts to raise the sentiment, it is a little bit difficult unless I put dimensional dots all over the card. I don't really know how to explain but I hope you know what I mean....



 I recycled one of the plastic I found in my craft paper bin.  Cut into size.

put in the sequins and stitched to close all corners

cellotaped to secure into the right place

ta-da!

 Weather has been good over here! Thanks for dropping by!

8 comments:

Lin said...

Gorgeous colors, Lai-Yoke, and I love your shaker element, too! Thanks somuch for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is so fun!! What a clever way to make an easy shaker card, Lai-Yoke!! I love the dimension of the pop sticks, too!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Annette Allen said...

oh my how totally fun.. love that cute shaker.. thanks for sharing how you made it..

Nancy said...

This is just the best! So creative and colorful, Lai-Yoke! Perfect summer card!

Greta said...

Clever & fun, Lai-Yoke!

Kara Lynne said...

I love those popsicles and how they get lighter near the top! What a wonderful way to make a shaker, great idea using the word and sewing up the clear packing to keep it all together! Love this summer card!

Martha said...

Lai-Yoke, this is SO adorably SWEET!

Rosemary said...

what a fun card, lai-yoke!! the popsicles are yummy!