Monday, 15 June 2015

Waltzing Mouse PJ Party June

I have not been joining Waltzing Mouse Pyjama Party for a long time and I thought today's theme was fun.  Do check out all the details over here.


I have chosen to use challenge #1 which is Can It/ Pickle It.  The base card is stamped with TH antique linen with HA Background Manuscript and lightly distressed.  Then, I used a patterned paper which is also lightly distressed.  For this card, I also used a special handmade paper which I got many years ago from a japanese friend and she told me that these papers are from Japan.  I've never used them as I treasured them too much to use them.  The paper has a very special texture and it is also lightly distressed in antique linen. Then, I machine-stitched around the edges.

I used the WM Jar set which is stamped onto a patterned paper and trimmed.  As I wanted to make a shaker card, I decided to trim the inner jar as well and added an acetate.  Tie the lid with twine.  Added a double lace and finished it off with double bow!



Hope you have fun hopping and thanks for dropping by!

13 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty shaker card! Love the soft colors, the ribbon and lace - thanks for joining us at the WMS PJ party Lai-Yoke! Julia xx

Kate said...

Lovely card - the jar is terrific and the bow is adds a really soft touch.

Georgiana said...

Neat little mason jar with a pretty background.

Claire Brennan said...

This is so pretty Lai-Yoke - and that Japanese paper looks precious! the shaker jar is a super idea - such a sweet card - Thank you so much for playing along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

brenda said...

What a great and unusual idea for a shaker card Lai-Yoke.

B x

Jeanne J said...

Oh Wow!! This is STUNNING! Love the lace and the sprinkles. So much texture and contrast and so gorgeous!!

Jill Norwood said...

Love your beautiful card! Such pretty details with the lace and gorgeous bow! And a shaker too! So lovely my dear!

Marybeth said...

This is darling ! I love your shaker jar and the pretty sequins!

Ohhh Snap said...

Such a cute shaker element and all the beautiful details. This is a gorgeous card!

Annette Allen said...

aww so sweet.. i love that you added the sequins..

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, love the shaker sequins :)

Greta said...

Beautifully feminine shaker card--Lai-Yoke! Love the double bow & lace & your special Japanese paper! I know the recipient will treasure it!

Kara Lynne said...

This is so sweet!! I love the paper piecing and the colors! Good for you for using the Japanese papers, it's so hard to not hoard those things!