Monday, 6 September 2010

Autumn Feeling




After seeing several masking projects, I have decided to give it a try.  I'm using the slanted tree stamp, Hero Arts for this project. 

As I do not have the Ink Blending Foam, I used facial cotton to create the background.  In the beginning, I was quite sceptical about it but was happy that it worked out well!  With the ink on the cotton, I make circular movements to create a nice blend with all the colours! 

Then I cut out the tree into 4 rectangular shapes and I outlined the tree with Star Dust to give a shinny look!  To give a different look, I decided to use orange and brown ribbons for the bow!

Recipe : Stamps - CL130 (Sentiment ) and K5094 (Slanted Tree)
              Ink - Dew Drop Momento - Dandelion, Tangelo and
                      Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo

7 comments:

Arlene said...

The colors are absolutely gorgeous!!!! WOW. I love your card using the Slanted Tree.

Ayana Posadas said...

Gorgeous!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful! Love the fine detials! Congrats on the Hero Arts Twitter!!

Susie Little said...

Hi Zuid, youbjust need to leave a link to the blog post containing this card and add our blog link into the post to be with a chance of winning the prize ! Xx
thanks for stopping by! Xxx

Heather Maria said...

Gorgeous card Lai-Yoke! Wonderful design and distressing! I love the beautiful autumnal colours and sparkle too! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

Dwita said...

So pretty.. Thanks for playing with Cook Up A Card. See you again..

Monika Reeck said...

oh wooow Lai Yoke ini cantik sekali love your panel and many thanks for playing with us at Cook Up A Card, hope to see you again next month dear...hugs, Monika