Monday, 20 September 2010

Crackled Maple Leaf


Inspired by Heather Maria's card, which I really like so much, I wanted to try out on this crackle technique as well. 

I've distressed the background from Dew Drop Momento : Dandelion, Tangelo and from Color Box : Blush Rose, Royal Blue.  With these colours, I've also distressed the maple leaf from Hero Arts CQ228.

Thereafter, I covered the maple leaves with versamark followed by clear embossing powder and heat it with the heat gun.  This process is being repeated for about 5-6 times.  The leaves are left in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes.  Once it's time, I took out the leaves and "crack" the leaves.  Usually, the first "crack" does not gives much effect so I put them in the freezer again for another 5 mins and cracked them for the second time which gave a better result!

Finally, I used the sentiment from Hero Arts CL278 Great Flourish to finish the card.

6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful shading, Lai-Yoke! I love the Crackled Accent in this one (with much effort, but it was worth it, right?)! Hope to see more!

Gemma said...

wow this is stunning, I love how you have used shading on this! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

joey said...

Hiya

AMAZING!!! I love this card, gorgeous background the leaves are gorgeous too, Thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.

Joanne Gilch said...

Love, love, love the leaves. the sentiment is fabulous, too! thanks for joining us at Daisy Doodles.

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi there, wonderful autumnal card, thanks for joining us over at Totally Papercrafts this week, good luck! Heidi x

Sue said...

Hi ya
wow a beautiful card, luv the leaves, do luv all the fall cards, thank you for joining us ta Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x