Thursday, 16 September 2010

Shimmery Maple Leaf


Inspired by Jennifer Mcguire's shimmery card of using Twinkling  H2O, I've decided to give it a try as I like her technique very much. 

As I do not have the Twinkling H2O products, I've used the distressing method for this card.  The colours for distressing are from Dew Drop Momento : Bamboo Leaves, Sweet Plum and Tangelo.  Thereafter, I used the music background from Hero Arts to stamp on the distressed background. 

With the 3 colours from Dew Drop, I stamped them on the maple leave and used a brush to lightly brush all the colours to give it an even result.  On the stamped leaf, I used the brush lightly brush over the leaf with some water to even out the colour further.

To give some shimmery effect, I applied Star Dust to give it a final touch!

6 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

So glad I visited your blog and got to see the close up. Beautiful card and I love the effect! Well done.

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, another gorgeous one, Lai-Yoke! Thank you for joining us at Wee Memories this week! :)

Michele Gross said...

2 beautiful cards-can't decide which one I like better :) Glad you joined us at Wee Memories!

Laurel said...

What a fantastic card!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

Alie de Vrij-Venema said...

This is beautifull! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week! Groetjes Alie ;)

Leah the Orange said...

simple and lovely - the glitter is fabulous! thanks for playing with the Charisma Gals, Lai!