Thursday, 11 November 2010

Stamping on Transparency

Over at TwoPeas, Jennifer McGuire continues her Holiday Thinking Inking classes. One of the techniques is called double layer resist. Unfortunately, I tried this technique and it failed so I decided to try her other technique accetate transparency.

As I do not have accetate transparency, I used the normal OHP tranparency which works as well but the drying process took a long time so I used my heat embosser to speed up the process which caused another failure due to my impatient. So, I gave it a second attempt and it was a success that I was laughing with joy which drew the attention of my daughter! Oops!



Anyway, I first dry emboss the transparency which is rather difficult to see from the picture as it gives a reflection but I've taken 3 pictures with different background to give a better picture. 

I embossed the music notes on a white cardstock and distress it with plum ink.

I'm pleased with my first attempt on a transparency that I tried a second one but this time it is a tag.  I stamped the HA snowflakes with white frost and finished it off with a tiny little card which was stamped with the HA stripes.  In order to give a clearer pictures, I've taken the tag on 2 different backgrounds to give a better view!


6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

I love this technique! Very beautiful card and tags! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Stampin' Diva said...

Love the use of transparency and the button for this unique card. The music notes was a nice touch as well. Thanks for joining us at PPA ... looking forward to your work on the upcoming challenges.

Stressed Stamper said...

Love that especially the tag - do you just heat it in the normal way?..Thanks for joining in at TPC and Good Luck
Sarah x

Debs said...

Really lovely tag, the snowflakes are wonderful, thanks so much for sharing this week at Die Cut Dreams
Debs
xxx

Crafty Chris said...

Beautiful Tags Thanks for sharing with us at DCD.
Chris x

Tammy said...

Great card hun - I havent stamped on to acetate for such a long time. Your finish is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at TPC. Hugs Tammy x