Thursday, 17 February 2011

Beetle with open bonnet



My brother-in-law's birthday is coming up and he is crazy about cars which explain why this card came up!  I enjoyed so much making this card for him.  I hope he will not pop by here at least till next weekend.  I bought this beetle when we were in London last year.

As Moxie Fab World is having the theme paper piercing, I thought this would be an ideal card for it.  I've stamped the beetle on a white cardstock and colored it with copics and pro-markers.  I cut along the line of the bonnet just far enough to lift up it up and put the birthday message inside it.  On the license plate, I've written his name on it!  I've also used two different types of embossing plates for the background.  Finally, I finished it with two googly eyes!!

This card also enters into the challenge : Moxie Fab World, Wee Memories, All Sorts Challenge, Totally Papercrafts

16 comments:

Lin said...

Really cute design!! He'll love it!

Giovana said...

This is a really cute card! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

Wendy said...

Such a FUN card, love how the hood flips up.

Heather Maria said...

This is adorable, Lai Yoke! Love all the texture in the bg! The car is just the cutest with the googly eyes and sentiment under the bonnet!

Brenda said...

Stunning, love the googly eyes Lai-Yoke!

Fleur said...

Great card
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Jinny Newlin said...

So, stinkin' fun! And I love your color combo, your dry embossing, those google eyes, the way the hood of your car opens to reveal the sentiment... Well, I guess that just about everything! Wow! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Arlene said...

SO CUTE!

Cath said...

Hey Lai-Yoke! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for joining in on all the fun! :)

Rae said...

Too cute!

Cath said...

Hey Lai-Yoke! Thanks also for entering the Stamping with Markers challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

joy said...

Clever and cute card!

Audrey Pettit said...

Tooo cute! Love the "eyes".
visiting from Moxie Fab World.

Dana said...

Oh my goodness...this is just the cutest card ever!!!

Cath said...

Hey Lai-Yoke! Thanks, as well, for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun!! Love the beetle and how the hood opens up. How clever. Thanks for joining the YNS challenge!