Friday, 4 March 2011

Birthday Gift Set



Made this gift set for my daughter's friend who is celebrating her birthday next week.


First, I made a "handbag" gift box whereby I could put a note book, a birthday card and a gift card. I used the image from PB, Sealed with a Kiss for this project. The dimension of this handbag is about 9cm x 8 cm x 2cm and it comes with a strap.

Over at  Penny Black,  Peet Roven used this image to make a beautiful tag which tempted me to make a project using this image as well! This week challenge at PB is paper piecing and I just love this technique.  I colored the image in bright colours and also replaced the little note "X" with a birthday sentiment. I've also lightly made some stripes on the ribbon and the present to give a different look and machine stitched the edges of the handbag.


A closer look of the note book with a personalised name on it and birthday card which I stamped the background and colored with copics to match the papers too!


The inside of the "handbag" whereby I could put a gift card on the envelope which I used three layers of different colours of scallops.

This enters into the challenge of Penny Black, Incy Wincy Designs, Moxie Fab World, Ladybug Crafts Ink

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty little gift set .. love the pastel coloursThanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa ;)

Brenda said...

Lovely colours for this pretty gift set Lai-Yoke! I love that little girly stamp!

joy said...

Just precious!

joy said...

Just precious!

Clare said...

This is so adorable! I love that cute little girl, and the pretty colors! Lovely set!

Pami said...

This is a wonderful gift, all pink and girly! Thanks so much for sharing with us at LCI this week. Good luck. Pami x

Kerry said...

This is adorable! The pastel colours are so pretty and such a cute image. Your daughter's friend will love this :-D Thanks for joining the fun at LCI this week xx

susanne said...

This is gorgeous! What a wonderful gift this is !

Flutterby Trina said...

what an adorable gift! Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week, good Luck

xxx

Mary J said...

Wow, so fresh and gorgeous! Love the colours you've chosen and the layouts! Gorgeous stitching too!

Thx for sharing with us at Totally Ladybug Thursday!

Mary J xxx

Cath said...

Hey Lai-Yoke! Thanks again for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the stampy fun! :)