Sunday, 17 April 2011

Fields of Flowers

As I mentioned previously that now is the blooming time for bulbs in The Netherlands.  If you would like to know the stages of how tulips grow, please see here.  Anyway, we made a drive thru the the bulbs area which is only about 18km drive from my place, we have taken some beautiful pictures of the flowers.  Unfortunately, there was not too many bloomed tulips yet but only the red one and I suspected that they will bloom this week or latest by next week.  I'll try to make a trip again to this place the week after and hope we will not be too late!
 
Red Tulips



 Daffodils


Hycinths

White Hycinths


Purple Hycinths


More Hycinths in purple and lilac



Hycinths in pink,white, purple (furthest)

More hycinths



I hope you have enjoyed the colours of the hycinths and will post more of tulips in the coming weeks, if I'm not too late.  Thanks for looking and have a good week ahead!

8 comments:

Lin said...

OH SO lovely, Lai-Yoke! I have been to your country once many years ago at this time of year and it is one of my favorite memories! I remember the smell of the hyacinths.....heavenly! Your pictures are wonderful, please keep sharing!

Barb said...

Wow! This is amazing, Lai-Yoke! So glad I stopped by! I'll bet those Hyacinth smell heavenly! Thanks for sharing these gorgeous photos!

Brenda said...

Oh wow! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing these awesome photos!

Trinh said...

WOW, Lai-Yoke! Seeing all those gorgeous flowers in person would be a dream for me!

Miss V said...

Oh my Gawd, Oh my Gawd, Oh my Gawd is all i can say with each pictures i see. So beautiful!!!!

Nancie Quah said...

MY 4 years old girl said that's beautifullllllllllll! Thanks for sharing.

Anna Seniw said...

Just gorgeous!!!! Wish I could see this in real life!!! (Looking forward to more pictures!)

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, Lai-Yoke, these flower fields are absolutely gorgeous! You're so lucky to see these in real life. I look forward to more if you're able to catch them in bloom!