Saturday, 14 May 2011

HA National Scrapbook Day

Based on the sketch from Hero Arts National Scrapbook Day and combining the technique of using colour pencils which is this month's contest too.  When I first saw this sketch the first thing that came to my mind was it's too difficult for me!  Anyway, after waiting for several days, I decided to challenged myself.   


Since I do not do scrapbook, I decided to make this card based on the above sketch.  Using the HA Butterfly Field, I added the distress ink of Broken China and Peeled Paint on the stamp and gently rub with my finger to even out the ink.  Thereafter I sprayed some water onto it and stamped it onto the white cardstock which acts as the photo frame.

The dogwood is from HA Antique Flowers Engraving which is stamped onto a white cardstock, cut and stamped twice and colored in two different tones of blues.  As I do not own HA Flourishes, I used this flourish from Stampin Up which is stamped at the top lefthand corner.  All the white cardstocks are distressed in Broken China to match with the green cardstock.


2 comments:

Lin said...

Really beautiful take on that sketch! The flowers are so delicate and your soft colors are wonderful!

Brenda said...

So clever how you tucked that little panel in just like in a photo album!