Wednesday, 4 May 2011

One Layer Card

This week challenge at Penny Black is create a new stamped card by ‘lifting’ a design by one of the Designers.  Gosh!  There are so many of them which has inspired me and I find it difficult to chose but have decided to go for a card made by Peet Roven.  Do drop by at her blog to see more of her wonderful work.

Made this simple card with PB Laced Edge by stamping on a blue cardstock which is embossed in white.  I cut out the image into two parts which are put on two different corners.  Thereafter, I heat embossed another time on a lighter blue but this time I only cut out the flower piece and paper-pieced them.  The sentiment is from HA Everyday Saying which I cut them into 3 pieces as I wanted it to be centralised.  Finally, I put the pearl accents only on the flowers and finished it by drawing black lines around the edge of the card.



This card enters into the following challenges : Less is More, Wee Memories, Simon Says Stamp

18 comments:

Suze Bain said...

A very pretty card, gorgeous shades of blue. x

massofhair said...

Great card with fab colours and i love the dimension of the little pearls. A very pretty card:-)

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful card with absolutely gorgeous stamping and embossing, perfect and elegant.

Marie

joy said...

Beautiful card!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this, Lai-Yoke! The blues, bling and layers are beautiful. The frame border is a nice complement to the flourishes!

Susan said...

Love the dimension you've got on this card...great color choices too!

Mandi said...

Stunning swirls, gorgeous blue, love it!
Continued thanks for supporting our challenge
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Chrissie said...

This is beautiful, I love the twinkle!
Thanks so much for joining us once more.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Lynn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colour and layering. Lynn x

Susie Sugar said...

Zuid this is lovely so bright and cheery
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Jan said...

This is stunning, I love it xx jan

Jo said...

This is a fabulous card, I love the colours. Jo

Debgem said...

Your card is beautiful - I absolutely love the colour!!

And please visit my blog - I have a little something for you. Regards, Deborah x

Aileen said...

Love the colours and the frame effect. x

Nancie Quah said...

Hi Lai Yoke

Beautiful card. Love it very much

Brenda said...

Love the elegance of this card Lai-Yoke!

Trinh said...

Oh this is gorgeous, Lai-Yoke! Love those beautiful blues against the white.

Just wanted to say thank you for your sweet comment on the Moxie Fabber post and my blog! It means so much to me!

Mandy said...

Lai-Yoke your card is beautiful, I love the colour combo and the stamp is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our paper piecing or piercing challenge :)
hugs Mandy xx