Thursday, 9 June 2011

Moxie Fab World - I'm Sew Excited

I like the title for this challenge "I'm Sew Excited".  This challenge is not about incorporating stitching or putting fabric on your projects (though your projects can include stitching and/or fabric), it is about including the icons associated with sewing into your projects. We're talking sewing machines, tape measures, spools of thread, dress forms, pins and needles, thimbles, patterns--you know, the stuff that we actually sew with.

Although I do not have any "sewing" related stamps but I do sew bags, so I had to improvise things.  For the background of this card, I scattered some pins on the printer and wa-laa I had my background pp done.  Thereafter, I crunched the paper and distressed it in photo vintage to give a vintage effect. 

Once the background pp is ready, I machine stitched along the edges.  I photocopied the measuring tapes as I wanted it to be in the card which is also distressed in vintage photo.  I drew the (roll whereby thread is) don't know what's call and rolled the thread around it and put a safety pin on it.  The sentiment is from Stampin  Up which I replaced the "so" to "sew".   In fact this is the first time that I'm making a vintage card and am very pleased with the result!


6 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Very creative idea Lai-Yoke. Your card is "sew" wonderful.

Annette said...

cool...very creative

onecraftymama said...

Wow! This is easily one of the most creative backgrounds I've seen - I love it!

Marlena M. said...

This is amazing...wonderful idea! ;)

Trinh said...

What a creative background, Lai-Yok! Love the vintage feel and all the sewing items you included.

Cath said...

Hey Lai-Yoke! Thanks for linking this up to the I'm Sew Excited! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm "sew" glad you joined in on all the fun! :)