Thursday, 15 September 2011

Art Journey - Autumn Colours

**** EDITED ****
WINNER OF ART JOURNEY



As many of you who might know me, that I'm a CAS person but I'm going to try to venture out into my comfort zone and have decided to go for vintage!

As a first vintage card or at least I've tried making one and am pleased with the result.  Bought this new stamp a couple of months ago from Art Journey

The background is distressed in several colours and stamped with HA Manuscript Background and PB Lace Edged on the corners.  The main image is from Art Journey which I only use a part of it.  Love the sentiment but found it to be lacking of something and decided to add some pearls as a necklace and an earing to match the "classy and fabulous".

Entering this card into the following challenges : Art Journey, Stempel Studio



14 comments:

Willy said...

Wat een prachtige kaart! Leuk dat je meedoet aan Art Journey Challenge # 13.

Paula said...

lovely coloured background. Thanks for taking part in AJ challenge #13

onecraftymama said...

Oh, wow, Lai-Yoke, this is beautiful! The inking looks superb (did you get messy? I always end up with it all over my hands!) The colours are so perfect for the vintage look, and the distressed edges...I really like it!

nancie said...

Hi
Like the techniques applied to the card. Fabulous.
Hugs
Nancie

Lisa said...

Your bg inking is incredible! Fantastic colors!! I applaud you for stepping out of your box :) It's not easy to do, but you sure made it look that way!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lai-Yoke wonderful vintage design. Beautiful colors! Can't wait to see what other new ventures you try!

Thea said...

wat een mooie kleuren.

gr thea

Chunyuan said...

Very artsy and vintage card. Love.

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, this is really stunning, Lai Yoke! I love the distressed layers and warm browns. Great vintage card!

Brenda said...

It's so nice to do something that is "unusual" for us isn't it! I love what you did! The background colours are gorgeous and I adore that sentiment and the bling you added!

Rein said...

Wat een mooie kaart!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful card.

Anneke said...

De kleuren spreken mij erg aan, heel mooie kaart!

Louise said...

Wat een schitterende achtergrond en prachtige kaart.