Monday, 24 October 2011

In search of autumn colours...

Two weeks ago, we or rather me were in search of autumn colours in the nature.  I was so impressed by Barbara's blog's header that I had to look for something similar.  Thank you, Barbara for sharing such wonderful nature photo.

First, we drove for about 2 hours to the woods and did a couple hours of hiking in search of colours but to my dissappointment there was no such colours but instead we found mushrooms.




Still not feeling satisfied of what we found, when we came home everyone teased me that we have such colours in our own garden.  OK, I had to keep quiet....


Last week, the kids had their one week autumn break and we decided to make a last minute trip to Helsinki, Finland.  We stayed there for 2.5 years back in 2005 and we loved every moment of it. 

While we were high up in the sky, we saw all the autumn trees and was so angry with myself for not putting the camera in my bag!!!! 

This was a "memory lane" trip and I was quite emotional when we stepped into the country.  Non of us felt like a tourist but instead we felt so at home - we knew every corner of Helsinki.  We visited our old house and appartment and were curious who were living there!

Here are the views from our old appartment.  During the cold winter, the water was frozen and we could skate, walk, cross-country, play ice-hockey and the famous finnish sport is to do ice-fishing!  It was a great experience for all of us.







Combining all the colours from different places, I think I have found my autumn colours!  Thank you for stopping by and have a nice day.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing all these wonderful photos Lai-Yoke! I am so happy that you had a great time!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful photos, Lai Yoke! Thanks for sharing. Your kids are adorable!

Barb said...

I think you found them too, Lai-Yoke! Beautiful post today! Here in Minnesota, ice fishing is a hugely popular sport too! Your kids are so cute and I love the colorful mushrooms. Looks like you found some lovely trees in Finland and your Sumac is gorgeous in your own back yard! Have a good week and thanks for the mention! :)

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing these awesome photos, Lai-Yoke. Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all :)
Love the photos of the mushrooms too- who doesn't love a good nature walk?

onecraftymama said...

I think you've found them too :)
Your kids are gorgeous - and such big smiles on them!

Elizabeth Allan said...

You have a snuggly cute family! Thanks for sharing your great pictures.