Thursday, 20 October 2011

Lavendar Sachets

I was very much inspired by Jacqueline.fr's beautiful handmade sachets and also entering into this week's challenge at Wee Memories

I needed to make something special for some friends and decided to make the sachets.  This is a very straight forward project.

Firstly cut the fabric in a triangle shape and stamped them using HA Hydrangea and Manuscript in distress inks.  Once stamped, lined up the ribbon along the side and sew them leaving the top open so that I could put in the lavendar seeds. 

I am so excited to share with you that we are flying to Helsinki, Finland tomorrow for a weekend trip.  It's going to be memory lane trip as we lived there for 2.5 years in 2005. 

Have a nice weekend and thank you for dropping by!


7 comments:

Lin said...

Really lovely, and a perfect pairing of these stamps - I can almost smell them!

Brenda said...

These are so pretty Lai-Yoke! Have a wonderful weekend down memory lane!

Lisa said...

These look lovely Lai-Yoke! I bet they smell wonderful :)

onecraftymama said...

Have a wonderful trip!
These sachets will make a lovely gift - I love the lace edging :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful combination of your fabulous sewing talent with your creative stamping ideas!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, these are gorgeous sachets and I can imagine how nice they must smell! You have such fabulous ideas!

Cathy Fong said...

this is gorgeous! what a great idea of stamping on sachets. love this. thank you for joining us at wee memories this week, hope to see your creation at our next challenge