Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Tuesday Trigger - Red & Rustic

Here is the challenge over at Tuesday Trigger.


My interpretation of it of Red and Rustic.  This is a tri-fold card which fit into a normal envelope perfectly.  The flap measures about 4cm and the middle fold is about 9cm. 

I am trying to make this card for a friend across the globe although it's not so much my style but I had fun making it.  Lots of distressing with vintage photo and barn door.  The background are stamped with HA Snowflakes and Crafty Individual in black.  I wanted to highlight the silhouttes but realised that my black granules were not fine enough to stick on the versamark and remembered the tip given by Elizabeth A.  I stamped the silhoutte with Staz On black and embossed in clear powder and I achieved the effect which I wanted.  Many thanks, Elizabeth! 

I finished the card by machine stitched along the edges.


Inside

10 comments:

Darla Weber said...

Very pretty!

Yvonne Garner said...

Beautifull done! Your friend will love it. Best, Yvonne

onecraftymama said...

Oh, beautiful, Lai-Yoke! Such an elegant card, and I love the decorated inside too :)

Cath said...

Hey Lai-Yoke! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lai-Yoke I really like the way you incorporated the opening flaps into the design of the card. Beautiful!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful take on the TT! Happy belated birthday to you! Hugs!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous colors!! This is such a beautiful image and I love the fold of this card :)

Therese Franziska said...

wooonderful!!!!

Brenda said...

You are so good at creating different style cards and this one is no exception! I love the colours and that stamped image is really beautiful Lai-Yoke!

Kary said...

Lai-Yoke, this is gorgeous!! I love how you used the silhouette stamps & the subtle background stamping. Great job on the trigger.