Wednesday, 11 January 2012

PS Challenge 29 Dec-11 Jan

Dear all,

How are you?  This is my first posting of the year after 3 weeks break. 

It was great to see all my families and friends again while I was back to my hometown.  Unfortunately, I fell sick and my poor DH got the virus from me as well which affected our trip.  Until today, I am still not fully recovered yet and with the prolonged jetlag I get tired easily. 

Here is my first card of the year with this photo inspiration from PS Sparks.  I am also combining this challenge with Wee Memories which happen to be the last challenge from Jenny and Clean and Simple at Young Crafters Unite


For this card, I have used four different stamps from PS which are Whimsy Forest, Birthday Buddies, Boob Tubes and Wake Up. 


Thank you for dropping by and here are some photos from my trip.


Being pestered by my children

Lovely tropical beach at Penang

12 comments:

Barb said...

Sorry to hear you and your DH got sick while on your trip, Lai-Yoke! Hope you enjoyed some of it though. Glad you're back and feeling better - been missing you and your cards! Love this one today - so fun with the rows of colorful twine!

Annette said...

aww so sorry your Dh got sick...not fun being sick while on vacation. I hope you all still were able to enjoy yourselves. Your kids look like they enjoyed the pool.

Great card...love all the fun colors and great twine..

Lisa said...

Good to see you back, Lai-Yoke! I missed you! Cute little mini card :)
Sorry to hear your trip was foiled by getting sick- what a bummer!! I hope everyone is feeling better and you get over the jet lag soon. It takes a while to get back into the swing of things after such a long break!
XX

Lin said...

So many of us came home sick from holiday travelling - hope that you will be back to yourself really soon. Cute card - good luck in the challenges!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

What a great card - so bright & cheerful! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!

Sue said...

Hello Lai-Yoke
It has taken quite a few people to get back into creating after the Christmas break, me included!
Great happy friendly card you have made, adding the mini pegs adds a little symbolism of togetherness, plus connecting with the flow of your sentiments, very innovative.
Smiles:)

Brenda said...

Welcome back Lai-Yoke! I totally know how you feel! It's almost identical to what happened to us! I hope you feel stronger and less tired soon! Lovely card for your first of 2012!

onecraftymama said...

I'm so sorry you got sick on vacation - of all times! I can just imagine how easily tired you are - jet lag is bad by itself, but add recovering from being sick...hugs to you, Lai-Yoke!
Love the picture of your kids attacking you - it's a familiar scene, and usually I'm playing your part :) lol
Fabulous card, too - love the clothespins at the top!

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Lai-Yoke !

I like graphic effet ! Beautiful choice of colours ! Bravo !

Watch your mailbox you are going to have of the mail!

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Trinh said...

Oh I'm so sorry you were sick during your vaca, Lai-Yoke! I hope you are feeling 100% better soon. Fun card to start the new year!

Marie / Legojenta said...

Wonderful card! Thank you so much for joining our Young Crafters Unite challenge =)

Emily Leiphart said...

Aw, sorry you were both sick but I hope you were able to enjoy most of the trip! I sure hope you are feeling much better and well-rested now. This card is so much fun! Any friend would love to receive this. Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!