Tuesday, 6 March 2012

HA March Challenge - Sentiments

  Has it ever happen to you that there are times that you need to try something but you just don't have the material/ stamp?  I saw this card from Lisa A. and love how she used the block of sentiment on the kraft.

As I don't have the stamp, I decided to use the whole sentiment from HA Everyday Saying - I literally stamped the whole thing without transferring them onto the stamping block.  I should have checked my stamps before stamping on the cardstock as some of the sentiments were upside down as I did not put them properly from the last stamping!!  LOL!  Anyway, I highlighted some of the sentiments in different colour cardstocks or rather I should admit that some of them did not turn out so well so I had to hide the error.

This card enters into the following challenge : Stamptacular Sunday Challenge

10 comments:

Annette said...

aww this is awesome...I love how you did this card...

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lai-Yoke I like the bursts of color here and there behind some of the sentiments. Very fun design!

Lisa said...

It's a card that definitely covers ALL bases! LOL and I'm laughing at your admission of hiding errors!! I'm pretty sure we all have some stories to tell regarding that- haha
You're so sweet to mention me- thx my friend :)

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi lai-Yoke,

Very graphic ! Bravo ! It's very successful !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Brenda said...

Great way of using sentiments to make a unique design!

onecraftymama said...

I think the bursts of colour really make this pop! I always think those mistakes are just helping me get the card "just right!"

cheiron said...

This is a super fun idea! I love how this came out.

Greta said...

You are clever, Lai-Yoke! Glad somebody else figures out a way to cover up a mistake--the colors are just what it needed anyway!

Michelle B. said...

This card just about sums it up! Great idea with the the colored sentiments! Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday!

Suzanne said...

great card and you really did use text, thank you for joining our challenge at stamptacular this week