Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Basic Grey - CAS Challenge

For those of you who is following the European Football Match, (actually I am not a fan but I thought I should still do some updating) tomorrow will be a decision day for the dutch team if they will continue to the next round.  Finger cross for them as the spirits over in Holland is rather down at the moment!  By the way, they are playing against Germany.

Back to my card.  This is the first time that I am playing over at Basic Grey Challenge and also my only stamp from Basic Grey. Actually, I won this stamp, Tartan Background from a random draw from Bearydo Paperie who was so generous to give away a stamp of your choice! Thank you so much, Clare!

Another simple and one layer card which does not need much explanation.  The tartan background is heat embossed in white on a peach cardstock.  I've chosen orange buttons for today as a kind of support towards the dutch team tomorrow (the national colour of Holland is orange, for more orange you could see here).  I also added burlap for the border and the heartshape is hand cut as I do not have a die cut for it and machine stitched along the side.  I am also entering this card into this month's challenge at Hero Arts and Scrapbooker's Paradise.
Thank you for stopping by.


13 comments:

Barb said...

Lai-Yoke, this is so lovely! Yummy texture! I LOVE that pretty, soft peach and it looks so beautiful with the white embossing! Your stitching around the heart is a wonderful addition too! Nicely done! :)

joy said...

I LOVE this card, Lai-Yoke! The buttons and burlap are the perfect touches, too. Sweet little stitched heart.

Cat's sCrap said...

Very original ! Wonderful card ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Sue said...

I am with you Lai-Yoke not a football fan either.
But I am a fan of your cards and this one with the embossed Bg is gorgeous, adding the zig-zag stitching, along with the burlap creates not only texture but a little more interest as well.
Smiles:)
Sue

Miss V said...

love this card very much! <3
I like the white over peach surface, makes it look like it's sewed, and yeah the orange buttons fits perfectly over the white leno weave material. I'm wondering how did you manage to have that kind of effect on the words. Nice card!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness! What a great card, Lai-Yoke! The hand cut heart with the stitching is wonderful! Good luck to Holland (although my hubby lived in Germany for 3 years!)

onecraftymama said...

So much texture! You should add it over at Scrapbooker's Paradise this week!! All the embossing & burlap are perfect.

Elizabeth Allan said...

This whole card appears to made out of fabric with the white embossing done on the textured paper!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love how you created this look. Thank you for Playing in Paradise.

onecraftymama said...

So glad you're playing with us, Lai-Yoke :) Your creations are always lovely!

Rica said...

Stunning!!!! I love the colour and your stamping is brilliant of the Basic Grey - I love your sweet details.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us again Basic Grey challenge

Allison said...

Lovely! That BG stamp and mesh is just wonderful! Thanks for playing at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

Angela Fehr said...

I love the way your monochromatic colour scheme makes the texture of the card the focal point. Thanks for Playing in Paradise!