Friday, 6 July 2012

ABNH #7

EDITED : WINNER

***********************************************************************************

I am "stretching" my stamp today. I hope I interpreted it correctly or I will be disqualified for the challenge at A Blog Named Hero.  These cards will be using the colour theme also from A Blog Named Hero - The Great Mojo Comeback and since they are flowers and summer colours I thought it would fit ideally into the challenge at Penny Black and More. I am also entering this into Young Crafters Unite.

Here is the colour challenge from The Great Mojo Comeback


Although I would never have chosen these colours for my card but I was surprised that it turned out beautifully and rather summery.  Both cards are from HA Antique Flowers Engraving.  The tulips are stamped with distress inks, sprayed with glimmer mist and heat embossed with clear powder to achieve the dew drops effect.  The background for the first card is from PB Delicate Pattern which is white embossed and distressed in mustard seed and iced spruce.




As for the second card, I'm literally stretching the stamp to it's maximum!!  The tulips are stamped with distress inks mustard seeds and broken china, sprayed glimmer mist and adhered to a grey panel.





Thank you for dropping by and have a nice weekend!

21 comments:

Annette said...

Good Morning...oh my these are stunning...I love all the tulips..great color combo....awesome cards..

Have a great weekend.

brenda said...

Hello Lai-Yoke

The blue and yellow make a beautiful colour combination and the tulips remind me of those lovely pictures you posted earlier in the year of the bulb fields near you.

Thank you for sharing your lovely work and joining our 'Summer Blooms' theme at Allsorts this month.

B x

brenda said...

Oh dear me Lai-Yoke, I was having a real senior moment there, I think I said Allsorts instead of Penny Black and More !!

B x

Barb said...

Wow, Lai-Yoke! You rocked both challenges! Gorgeous cards! :)

joy said...

Both cards are just beautiful, Lai-Yoke! Good luck in the challenges. Have a great weekend.

Lin said...

What a pretty color scheme, Lai-Yoke! Love both of your cards - good luck!

Lisa said...

I really love the layered tulips on that first card! It looks beautiful with that embossed bg!

Sue said...

Hello Lai-Yoke
Both cards stimulate the senses so much that you cannot help but love them, your design using this palette, looks gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Melissa Shea said...

Both are beautiful! I think you interpreting both challenges perfectly! Nice job integrating both of them! Both are soft and dainty. Just gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lai-Yoke I LOVE how you used this color interpretation in your cards!!

Linby said...

I do like blue and yellow together and this is such a pretty card, your stamping is lovely.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

Emily Leiphart said...

These are fabulous, Lai Yoke! I love your two very different ways to use that beautiful tulip stamp!

Cat's sCrap said...

Fine and delicate work. Bravo ! It's very successful !

Hug from France.
Catherine.

Stephanie @ A StephMade Life said...

Beautiful cards! I love how you layered the tulips and made them into a bouquet!

onecraftymama said...

I love these both! I don't think I would have chosen the colours either, but how grand they look together.

Kristen said...

these are so pretty, what a phenom color choice, i love it :)

Sharing bloggy love, visiting from A Blog Named Hero
xo, Kristina
Come visit and say hello!
www.pearlgateway.com

Marie / Legojenta said...

These are so beautiful! Thanks for joining our YCU challenge =)

A Blog Named Hero said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! I would never have put those colours together like that but goodness it's beautiful!

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

Linda
A Blog Named Hero

Kelly said...

beautiful cards!!

donna mikasa said...

You stretched your stamps beautifully, Lai Yoke! Congrats on your deserving win at ABNH!

susiestacey said...

Beautiful cards. Like the stretching idea and the stamp is lovely. Thank you for joining the summer blooms challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x.