Sunday, 8 July 2012

PS Challenge 1-8 July

Happy Sunday!  I'm so glad that the weather has cooled off after a tropic humid weather for the last few days although the temperature was not high at all - 25 degrees celcius.  With this tropic weather, I can just melt and gets annoyed easily but to some it is a fantastic weather. 
Today's card is Paper Smooches Sparks trend challenge from this picture and can only think of food looking at this trolley.  I am also entering this card into DYSU as RED is their colour challenge of the week.


Here is my take on the challenge.  Using the interpretation from the trolly, I made an apron gift box whereby I could put some small gifts and a little card.  Love how it turned out with gingham paper on the apron and I machine stitched along the side of the apron.  The jam pot is from the PS Wake Up serie and the fork and spoon is from HA Kiss the Cook.
All images from the card is from PS Wake Up serie.  The base panel is little smaller then the top panel which give a different look on the card.  The top panel is machined stitched and I added some extra stitches as a divider on all the images.  I remembered that the french likes to dip their croissant in their coffee and I thought it would be fun to share it here as well.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!



Top view of the apron box

17 comments:

Barb said...

Lai-Yoke, I hope you know how talented you are! What a fun set - so cute! Love that apron gift box, and your coordinating card is wonderful - fab design with your beautiful stitching! :)

onecraftymama said...

Such a clever idea, Lai-Yoke! I love the apron box, it's simply brilliant :)
I have FINALLY sent your card off last week, with some little things tucked in. I hope it arrives soon!

Brenda said...

Totally awesome Lai-Yoke! So creative! I just love all that gingham in red!

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Super cute!!! Thanks for joining us this week at DYSU!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Julie S. said...

Wow! Your apron box is too cute for words and I love all the dimension on your card. Wonderful projects!

Kara Lynne said...

This is ever so clever! Wonderful idea for the SPARKS challenge.

Annette said...

oh my this is absolutely adorable...I love these designs and for sure a WINNER...love them

Chris said...

Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

WencheP said...

This is so sweet! Just fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Elizabeth Allan said...

Such fun gingham goodness!! Leave it to you to fashion a box in the shape of an apron!!

Cat's sCrap said...

Absolutely FA-BU-LOUS ! I like ! Evreything is perfect ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOVE this set! LOVE the paper and that embossing and stitching! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

Denise and Louise said...

Love this gorgeous little set. The apron box is such a great idea.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Glenda J said...

So fun and creative! Great work on this adorable card. Thanks for playing along with the Sparks Challenge.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Lai Yoke! I LOVE these projects!

Monika Reeck said...

oyeaaah this is totally cuuuteeeee love all the cute stamp on your creation here...cute cute cute..love this Lai Yoke :)

sandee said...

Love the apron gift box! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)